Hi,

in our office we had problem with one pc. it said keyboard error or no keyboard.
Since we needed some docs from that pc, I connected hard disk from that pc to anotherone.
We transfered docs and returned disk back. After that when we turned on the PC that had an error it worked fine. But another one that we used to transfer files now says keyoard error and is impossible to start it. Keyboard is OK since we triesd more of them.

Thanks for help,

Ivan

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sounds malicious, granted what happened: You transferred documents, and now the machine doesn't know it has a keyboard.

I suspected a virus, or other trafficable malware, since the said transfer essentially caused the problem. I don't think shifting hard drives in and out should cause busted input for keyboards, since I've never seen that happen.

Check what was transferred. If this involves looking for invisible files, do so. I'll check out some info on this symptom, see if there are reported computer malware that do this kind of thing.

This is certainly interesting...

thanks for help. it is very strange thing. how is the first pc working fine now??? I never heard that virus can do it in boot time.

Sounds malicious, granted what happened: You transferred documents, and now the machine doesn't know it has a keyboard.

I suspected a virus, or other trafficable malware, since the said transfer essentially caused the problem. I don't think shifting hard drives in and out should cause busted input for keyboards, since I've never seen that happen.

Check what was transferred. If this involves looking for invisible files, do so. I'll check out some info on this symptom, see if there are reported computer malware that do this kind of thing.

This is certainly interesting...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.