i am having the same problem but my keyboard light will not come on all it do is blink when i start up the cpu.

I Have the Same problem....i have tried connecting the monitor to laptop and the problem is not fixed so the problem is not with cpu...the problem is either with vga cable or monitor itself...

Well I am having a similar problem. 2 weeks ago my power supply gave out. The night before the power supply gave out my computer worked great. The monitor and everything.
I've installed a new power supply, and now this blue light in the front of the tower doesn't come on and there's a black screen on my monitor.

I've also bought the adapter to convert an older model monitor to a newer one. I don't know what the issue is.

I want to thank you all for the input I found here. I, too, had the same problem. I went to restart my VAIO and suddenly there was nothing on the screen. Through your suggestions I simply took out each of the two RAM chips I had put in a few months earlier and reinserted them securely. That simple thing solved the problem. My next troubleshooting step would have been to plug in external monitor, but that proved to be unnecessary. Thanks again to everyone!

has anyone had this problem before ?

...hey guyz, TRY TO SWAP OR REPLACE A NEW MEMORY TO YOUR EXESTING MEMORY...or, TRY TO SWAP OR REPLACE A VGA or DVI CABLE..or, REPLACE YOUR EXISTING VIDEO CARD TO A NEW ONE..^_^..i hope it helps!..

I have the same problem but i know its not monitor or power supply and video card it has be ram or motherboard hell could be cpu. have not tested enough i dont have spare parts to test them. what ya get for makeing your computer badass nothing to test with ;(

As stated above, are you still getting the system beep when you power on?.. or perhaps 3 or 4 beeps after power on?.. if its more than 1 beep, i would definately try the ram theory, test each ram stick individually, ensuring to insert into first/DIMM 1 Slot, would be my first guess to this problem. - other possibility also, have you updated your video driver recently?.. try rollback to previous video driver?.. :)

Hello,
I have a windows Vits 16 bit and my monitor is not showing any display when i'm turning on the CPU. It just flash oncew then the monitor power LED starts blinking. Please help me how to get rid of this thing :/

Thanks,
Sagar

Hi have you had a look in the harddrive i thinks the mother board

Hi have you had a look in the harddrive i thinks the mother board

:icon_eek:

WEll I stumboled on this threat as I to have been having issues with my GPU. I woke up one morning to wake the system to find that the system woke up but no matter what monitor (or TV) i used I got no image. I have run into this multiple times and found one fix is shut the computer down, turn off ur PSU and let the power drain out, then unplug it (I have light on my MB that help me with this). BUt all of a sudden it has seemed to have gotten worst. I happens more often and I don't know what to do. Well now I got it running again (after it locked up at a game) and I noticed I am only showing 8gm of ram when I should be 12gb. I got 2 conclusions, either 1 is my MB and it's fault, or 2 its ram. Also let me note when I had those monitor issues, my videocard was spinning at full speed and not slowing down

ANSWER RIGHT HERE

Okay People sorry I haven't responded, but the actual problem is a short that was happening in my motherboard. This happens when something that is not connect to the motherboard creates a connection where it touches the motherboard and the case. For me it was a set of light the wire was touching the case and motherboard. I pulled them out and that solved the problem, I can even prove more that I accidently had a wire lay against my GPU and the base of the case, and caused the same issue.

So make sure all your mounting brackets for the motherboard are where their suppose to be (I learned that they don't cause this as they are insulated). Then make sure you don't have a lose wire laying around. This was shorting my motherboard out and everytime it does it, it decreases the life time of the board

ALTERNATE FIX:
My computer was booting up but wouldn't display anything on the monitor. My solution was to swap the positions of my two sticks of RAM. I suspect one of them is bad, because there was no display when I booted with just one stick. However, my computer is now back up and running with $0 spent.

It is the motherboard. I also encountered the same problem. left the computer on as usual all night to download torrents and poof. Next morning it displayed these symptoms. The only thing that seemed to have worked is unplugging everything except the VGA and power cord. Started up and eventually froze up. Now it won't come up at all no matter what. I think the motherboard is fries.

Hi guys,

I have th e same problem too. But one could say mine was self made. Because the computrer was functioning perfecctly, till i decided to untangle some over crosssing cables. And to achieve this i had to unplug the the fans and ever since my computer starts up normally but the screen gets no display. I'm definitely sure it's not the monitor asx i have tried it with three other monitors and i get the same result. Someone pls help. I NEED MY COMPUTER BACK..... AS i cannot do no graphic design works on a blank screen. HELP ME PLS>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys,

I have th e same problem too. But one could say mine was self made. Because the computrer was functioning perfecctly, till i decided to untangle some over crosssing cables. And to achieve this i had to unplug the the fans and ever since my computer starts up normally but the screen gets no display. I'm definitely sure it's not the monitor asx i have tried it with three other monitors and i get the same result. Someone pls help. I NEED MY COMPUTER BACK..... AS i cannot do no graphic design works on a blank screen. HELP ME PLS>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ MY POST. It's like 3 above yours. You have a a wire touching the case and the motherboard that is not designed to be connected to the motherboard. Mine was a wire for my case lights and was just barely touching the motherboard. So make sure no wires are touch the motherboard that shouldn't be (in the case of your fans, any that are not actually connected to the board). What you are doing is shorting your motherboard, you may have fried it (or not in my case I didn't)

Look. There is no one set thing that could be wrong. It could be a video card. It could be the cable it could be your monitor. It could be your Ram sticks, and it could be that you bought one of those pre-built P.O.S. Dells or HPs that always end up having problems.

First: if your computer is under warranty, just send it in. If it isn't because you built it yourself or its been void due to time or tampering then go to step 2.

Second: Check the easy stuff first. Switch the monitor out if you have an extra to test with. (this usually isn't the cause)

Third: Check your memory. Take out both sticks and test them in another computer that you know is compatible and functioning.

Fourth: If you have a pre-built rig then you probably have on board video. So If you have an extra compatible video card swap it out. If it still doesn't work, then were getting into fixing things that are more expensive than buying a new pre-built rig.

Fifth: remove your CMOS battery for 5 minutes just to be safe to see if it resets your BIOS. It looks like a giant watch battery sitting on your motherboard.

If none of this works It is more than likely your motherboard is fried the heck out. It happens. Especially if you buy packaged computers. There is a reason they only come with 1 and 2 year warranties. Its because they suck.

One more thing. If you cant follow these steps or don't understand the terms, then you shouldn't open up your PC under any circumstances. And I just went through this with 2 separate computers. One of them, the company that made it went out of business in 2007. The other is a HP. The HP has a fried motherboard, and the china special has an on-board video problem.

If you don't have extra parts about the house to test with, DON'T GO BUY THEM. It may not be the problem and then you have wasted your money. If you don't have someone you trust to do this without ripping you off, just go buy another computer. Taking it to a pc repair place is not worth it. half the time you pay so much in labor you could have just bought a new one anyway.

I have an HP vs19b monitor that shows nothing but a black screen. It was working fine, then nothing. When I plug a different monitor into my PC it works fine. Is it time to throw the HP away or is there hope for it?

the problem its not with any of the previously mentioned what i did was i unplugged all cards let it be video audio and all of the memories i also unplugged the motherboards battery i cleaned the dust that had on the both the card and both the memories including the motherboard i placed the Motherboards battery back in and tur it on with out the memories nor the card (*video nor audio)must do***** then turned it off by holding the power button and placing the memories and that was it it worked after siytem was fully up i tuned it off and placed the card in and that was that. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hi all. I had the same problem. Tried another 2 monitors that work but no good. Turned PC off, disconnected everything except its power cord, plugged the monitor only back in and all good to get to Welcome screen. Plugged connector for wireless mouse and keyboard in but they would not responded. Rebooted and now all is fine. Phew!!!

I have a Dell Latitude D630. The screen is fussy, double sometimes different parts of the screen. After 10 or 15 minutes, the screen just goes black. Any ideas? Lost n confused in Stockton.

I have hp monitor 1859m. When one day the power supply disconnected due to loadshedding after that my cpu works but display is not showing in monitor. I tried to change the position of ram but it doesnot works. Any suggestion?

Ok.You have to do this
1- Uninstall processor , fan with heatsink .Clean the past on the processor.it called heatsink past.Now you clean prosessor area by air blour and also Uninstall the Ram and Bios Battery.Now plugin main for 20sec and plugout the main.

Importan:-
RePaste Prosessor Never Install the prosessor without paste.
now Pluging computer into main line.you will hear a little beep again again.
reinstall the Ram and Bater.Now i assuar you will watch display of your compuer

Hope This will Help You

Yousaf

if the corporete user is working with net in laptop is fine ,but comeing to home it is very slow what is the problem please help me.

it could be your RAM,PROCESSOR AND THE VIDEO CARD,,,,

er guys 5 year old thread. Please start in a new thread but i agreed with benmar except for the ram, i doubt that is what cause the problem.

I have the same problem. I even changed monitors, but that monitor stays black even tho the monitor light is on. HELP!

My computer works and everything but it hasn't been used in about 3 years. any idea whats happening to my display drive. it doesn't even work when i plug a diffrent monitor into it!
Please tell me how to do it!

**SOLUTION That Worked!!!
Guys! I had the same problem and I came and read the forum here. Here is the solution: There was no problem with my RAM because I checked them all one by one. Still no luck to get output in my monitor. So I removed the IDE card (PCI Express Card) which was attached to the motherboard. and Boom! There you go! The picture is back on and everything is alright. Windows boots normal and RAM is also fine. I ran a hardware test, and everything is cool. So the attached cards to the Motherboard was to blame.

Some people solved their problems by removing the bad RAM, some by removing the whole motherboard, but I got it finally right with removing the bad IDE and PCI Cards.

Give it a shot, and you might also get surprised to have it solved. :D Good luck and thanks to this forum.

L. A. Denmark

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.