Hi All Experi. Guys,

I have a problem with Inspiron 6000(Motherboard is DAL30) Laptop
.It stuck on First screen in POST.

I remove All peripherals one by one but no luck.
now i removed complete Motherboard from chasis and contect it do directly to monitor(CRT monitor) not pluged any device (just motherboard and power switch,battery and monitor).Problem same no luck Again.

It seem to be something wrong with motherboard but no idea because not have POST diagnose card for Laptops Yet..

I there are Experience Guru's can help me to and give a hint to diagnose the problem?

I have tried heat sink compound on Heatsink of microprocessor but this is not working.

No error messeges are diplayed. and i can not enter in Cmos too.
:sad:

I am a experinced repairer of Pc motherboard.So any help from experinced user is understandable to me..

Thanks Alot for any help.:confused:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The most common reason there is no post is that the RAM (Memory) is bad. Try replacing it.

Thanks Alot for your Reply and suggestion.

I checked that but no gains.The Problem is the Laptop Gives Display but Stuck Up on its first screen..

The first screen Means..Just Showing

Dell (Logo and )
www.dell.com

inpirson 6000 series

bios Revision A03

(and the progress bar Stuck at approx. eight to ten percent after running)

I think this is the problem with Bios Programm Corruption.(not Very much sure..but look like that)if this is the problem.then
How can i reprogramme it with removing chip(because Chips is TSOP40-20mm package) is any key to perform the programming like in Motherboard we can do thru floppy if bootblock of rom is ok and other area had checksum error

Please Help..

Thanks Alot to all

I presume that you have tried removing the CMOS battery to re-set the bios. Leave the battery out for at least half an hour.

Hi All Experi. Guys,

I have a problem with Inspiron 6000(Motherboard is DAL30) Laptop
.It stuck on First screen in POST.

I remove All peripherals one by one but no luck.
now i removed complete Motherboard from chasis and contect it do directly to monitor(CRT monitor) not pluged any device (just motherboard and power switch,battery and monitor).Problem same no luck Again.

It seem to be something wrong with motherboard but no idea because not have POST diagnose card for Laptops Yet..

I there are Experience Guru's can help me to and give a hint to diagnose the problem?

I have tried heat sink compound on Heatsink of microprocessor but this is not working.

No error messeges are diplayed. and i can not enter in Cmos too.
:sad:

I am a experinced repairer of Pc motherboard.So any help from experinced user is understandable to me..

Thanks Alot for any help.:confused:

Dell says that you need to press F2 key to enter BIOS.

I'll give you some general procedures to help you narrow down the cause. I don't know layout for Dell's BIOS, so some things may not be in your BIOS:

- Disable full screen logo. That way you'll see some details of POST procedure, instead of "DELL".

- disable quick POST. More test will be run.

- set "halt on" all errors.

- Clear CMOS command. That can help sometimes.

(quick observation: You have eliminated memory and peripherals. That leaves integrated stuff on mobo, minus VGA and CPU)

- disable on-board sound, LAN, IR, USB, IEEE 1394, com port, parallel port... EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that is "on-board". I'm suspecting one of those is giving you POST stall.

- leave IDE or SATA controller enabled with your HD so you can boot to windows for testing purpose.

If that gets you to boot to windows, try enabling one by one thing that you've disabled, and soon you'll see which one is problematic.

This should help you to move from square 1 and give you some info on what's wrong with mobo.

Thanks Alot you both for yours Kind Reply..

To Julees,

I tried all primary procedure as you say ..i remove battery shots both Point of +ve and -ve ..and leave it to half an hour but no luck..

To Chaky,

The condition i critical and i can not do anything with Keyboard..i can not enter in cmos setup..no error messeges is displayed..Nothing can be done by by Keyboard ..just give Display and Stuck up..

Please help !!!

Thanks alot One again to both of you

I think that it is dead.

I think Dead means No breath..:cheesy:

But it has Breath..Just a Heart Attack..:lol:

I think i should buy a Universal device programmer to do the Heart Sergery.;)

If you can't get past logo, and can't enter bios, it is as good as dead. Only thing you haven't done is change the CPU, and that wouldn't do any good, because CPU is obviously working.

I'm saying this under impression that you have some sort of keyboard attached to the motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.