:rolleyes: Hi,

Mine is a Dell Inspiron 640M Laptop.Problem is I can hear what others are saying,but they can't hear me.
Seems to be problem with internal microphone.
How to make it activate?
In Ctrl Panel->Speech/Sound Settings,Microphone settings are not activated.I prefer internal mic than external one.
Plz help.

DO YOU HAVE A USB PHONE CONNECTED?
THE OTHER WAY IS TO DOUBLE CLICK VOLUME ICON ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER AND A VOLUME CONTROL MENU WILL APPEAR, PRESS OPTIONS THEN PROPERTIES, ON THE MIXER DEVICE DROP DOWN IF ONLY ONE DEVICE IS AVAILABLE THEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY, BUT IF MORE THAN ONE IS AVAILABLE ON DROP DOWN THEN SELECT THE ONBOARD SOUND DEVICE OTHER THAN USB PHONE. yOU WILL ALSO NOTICE THAT YOU ARE GIVEN TWO OPTIONS FOR ADJUSTING VOLUMES, ONE FOR PLAYBACK WHICH IS WHAT YOU HEAR AND ONE FOR RECORDING WHICH IS WHAT OTHERS HEAR OF YOU. SO TO ADJUST YOUR VOICE, CHECK RECORDING AND FURTHER DOWN YOU WILL NOTICE THE VOLUME CONTROLS THAT ARE SELECTED TO SHOW. HERE YOU MUST MAKE SURE MICROPHONE IS CHECKED THEN PRESS OK. FROM HERE YOU WILL THEN BE SHOWN THE RECORDING VOLUME MENU, JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHECK UNDER MICROPHONE AND ADJUST THE VOLUME BAR TO YOUR LIKING, MAKING SURE YOU LOWER THE OTHER MICROPHONE LEVEL ON THE ORIGINAL VOLUME CONTROL MENU.

Thanks a Lot!! It's working :)

Hello. I have been having similar problems. I have a Pentium 3 IBM with windows xp.

A few months ago, everything seemed sweet. Then all of a sudden, not sure what I have done or what has happened, but I noticed that on newer version of msn, I cannot send voice clips no more, and programs such as Audacity, which use play/record audio audio using internal mic, but now no longer does.

I have tried fiddling with the volume options, as well as just tried the volume directions you have displayed, but not even that works....(that is asuming that it is the internal mic).

And no, mic isn't muted :p

Can anyone please help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.