I am trying to ressurect an HP Pavillion 750c but I don't think it is posting at all. The led on the back of the machine and on the mainboard light up when I plug in the power. All the fans kick on but the monitor does not come out of the wait state, just sits there with no display. There are no "beeps" from the system, even when left on for 10 minutes. When I go to shut down, the power button is disabled and I have to use the switch on the surge strip.

Have removed all but the memory, mouse, keyboard and AGP video card but still getting same result. Reset the bios and tried again. Tried a different video card, same results. (Both video cards heat sinks were heating up so there is some power.) IChecked and reseated all the power connections, cards memory etc.

Any suggestions where to turn next? Last time I could not get the pc switch to shut down a board it was the power supply but that was an AMD processor.

The RAM or graphics card would be my first bets.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.