I have a HP Pavilion N5250 that is a couple of years old. Recently, my dad gave it to me and it has been sitting around unused for about 6 months. As far as I know, it ran fine before that. When I hit the power switch (whether it's plugged in or just on battery), the LED lights blink but nothing happens. I have charged the battery overnight to see if that was the problem but regardless it should run on AC. What is curious is that the CD player which has the capability to run separately starts and runs with no problems. This would seem to indicate a problem with the power switch or power supply. I thought I would see if anyone has ideas about this before I bust open the case and see what's inside.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Try booting it up without the battery.

Thanks for the reply. I removed the battery, plugged it in, and tried to turn it on. There was no response (no blink of the light that I get with the battery in) and the CD player would not work either. This would seem to indicate that the power supply is bad and not providing sufficient charge and not charging the battery sufficiently. Does that sound right? This is my first experience with a laptop. Thanks again.

It sounds like you might just need to buy a new power adaptor

Have you tried to test the output of your power supply, prior to buying a new one, which can prove to be a bit costly and not solve your problem at all.

The voltage rating should be in print form, on the back of the power supply (and be sure to check the cable for any sort of a damage that could impede the flow of electricity.)

If the power supply unit tests ok and the problem persists, be sure to check the point at which the cable from the power supply plugs into the computer. This may be the culprit.

Mustapha

I checked the voltage out of the power supply and it was fine. Then I checked the power supply connection and that was it! Just pushed the connector in a little harder. Everything appears to be working. Thanks so much!

Glad to have helped. :)

Mustapha

The remedy for this problem is to clear the BIOS. The battery is in the RAM compartment, under the wireless device. I had the same problem and it works on my laptop. The solutions from HP is useless, because they are apply to this particular problem Hope this will help and good luck.

I have a HP Pavilion N5250 that is a couple of years old. Recently, my dad gave it to me and it has been sitting around unused for about 6 months. As far as I know, it ran fine before that. When I hit the power switch (whether it's plugged in or just on battery), the LED lights blink but nothing happens. I have charged the battery overnight to see if that was the problem but regardless it should run on AC. What is curious is that the CD player which has the capability to run separately starts and runs with no problems. This would seem to indicate a problem with the power switch or power supply. I thought I would see if anyone has ideas about this before I bust open the case and see what's inside.

Finally I've found some thing that actually fixes this stupid problem! My computer turns on and has wireless back!!!!!! I found it here!

Google Translation of http://www.taringa.net/posts/ebooks-tutoriales/2108422/Hp-tx-1000-reparacion-de-tarjeta-madre-(prende-sin-imagen).html

and

Google Translation of http://www.taringa.net/posts/ebooks-tutoriales/2455793/ReparacionHp-Pavilion-Tx1000--Probado-.html

THE BEST!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=musu759LsT4

OMG THANK YOU TO THE ORIGINAL POSTERS IN MY LINKS!

Hi,

I own a HP Pavilion tx1499us, which was working fine for almost 1.5 years...but now i am facing similar problem as that of yours. However, in my case even the DVD is not working....Do you have any work around and did you solve your problem.

It will be of great help if you can throw some light on this.

Thanks

Sada Sivam
sadasivam73@rediffmail.com, sadasivam73@gmail.com

Hi i have a HP Pavilion A518x when i try to put it on a flashing blue light coming on and nothing else in coming on and when u disconnect the power cored the blue light is still on until some hours later it will cut off i will like to no what is the problem can somebody help me please thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.