HELP!!
Just bought a brand new acer powerf6 tower (with windows XP pro) all i can get on screen is the Acer Intel start up logo?? then switches to 'microsoft windows xp' and a loading bar of some sort, for 3 seconds or more then,:@ :'( .............the same again and again happens? no sign of the 'welcome to your new pc' greeting or anything!!!! (i cannot get any further forward on it??) any possible help would be much appreciatedx
thanks karenx:)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Yeah, on the first boot it can take a long time to load up. Leave it for a while and if it doesnt work then send it back.

Oh no! is that the only thing that i can do??
(it was my mums birthday pressie and it is doing my nut in!!) the quiker i get it running the better!! lols!
i mean i only got one acer disc with it, so will i just switch it on without the disc and just let it 'boot up' in its own mental way? (how long do you think i should leave it) hours??
thanks kx

yeah the operating system should be installed already. the disk is for recovery.

Switch it on without the disk and leave it for a while. If it still doesnt work then it means someone probably dropped it and broke it, in which case you should return it.

Hit F8 when you start up the computer, after the Intel logo goes away. Keep hitting it until you get to a menu with a bunch of options on it: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode With Command Prompt, Enable Boot Logging, Enable VGA Mode, etc.

Look for the option that says "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure."

Choose that one, then choose the operating system you want to start (should just be the Windows XP Professional OS), and then wait. When it usually restarts is when you should get a blue screen.

Post back here with the error code of the blue screen -- should be a number like 0x000000ED or 0x0000007B or whatever, along with some words at the top like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE or UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

It will be easier to help you when we have that information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.