Im so new join about 30 seconds ago and dont know if this is the right place to be posting this.

Im up creek without paddle!

im a tacher have school laptop - i dropped it in a puddle on friday!

I am ok with comps - dont get all the jargon but know my way round them n built up deadlaptop for my bf - so i decided to take laptop apart to try n dry it out - followed hp manual on net all ok until today when i took screens out n now although im 90% sure all the layers are back correctly (as they will only fit into the slots correctly one way round) when i boot it on i have no hp logo or school log on system lines going across my screen are vertical and i dont know what to do now. Any help would be appreciated as im goin to get my butt whipped otherwise. Thanks in advance

Sarah

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

what you mean by no HP logo, you mean there's no POST or what? try to check your HDD there could be some problem as you said you drop your laptop

it was working fine until i took the lcd apart - was very very wet inside the screen... when i say hp logo when it initially boots up the hp logo is displayed on the screen tyhen it needs worked based password to unlock comp to get to windows boot up screen theres none of that. have attached external monitor it all works fine on that

yeah sounds as if the screen despite being dried out might still be having problems. I would suggest trying to locate either a cheap second hand laptop of the same model that is not working and swap out the screens and see if this fixes the problem. When you turn it on do you get any other signs that the laptop might have turn on eg lights on the rest of the computer hard drives starting up etc. I would also suggest checking the cables that connect the monitor to the rest of the computer and make sure they are all in properly.

hi thanx - yeah it all starts up fine - backlight comes on and hard drives etc boot up. will recheck cables - think im gonna have to own up!! fingers crossed the tellin off aint too bad!

yes the trouble with laptops is that although they are alot more portable and easy to use with that it also creates a host of new things that can happen to them. Good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.