Hi :icon_wink:

I was working with my laptop (power cord connected and battery fully charged) when the screen just got dark, I thought it was the autoshutdown of the screen, but it did not respond even when moving the touchpad or pressing the keyboard

I force shutd:icon_cool: own it by pressing the power button and press the power button again, it booted, but then froze again and did the black screen again, I noticed the harddrive was not lighting

I tried removing and putting back the hard drive and it did not work and started to give 3 long beeps, I tried removing the battery and RAM card from their slots then put them back and put on my unit, still the three long beeps

what could have happened? I'm not a computer engineer, could I remedy the problem myself through your step by step guide?

the specs of my computer:

Elitegroup ECS G320 Laptop

VIA C3 NEHEMIAH 1.2GHZ / 256 MD DDR (SODIUM)
VIA CLE 226 / COMBO DVD/CD RW, 14.11" XGA TFT (1028 X 768) 32 MB SMA, SHARED UP TO 64 MB / AC 97'

CPU
VIA C3 Nehemiah up to 1.2GHZ CPU, 64KB L2 cache on die, CPU front-side bus up to 133MHz
376 pin EBGA
Core Logic
North bridge VIA VT8623, South bridge VT8235
4X AGP bus interface
Supports host bus at 66 MHz
AGP v2.0 compliant
3.3V PCI version 2.2 compliance
ACPI v1.0
USB 2.0 compatible
PS/2 keyboard/mouse support

System BIOS: AMI BIOS

please help, many thanks in advance!

brye

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It refers to your base memory, either the ram stick or your dimm slot is malfunctioning. Try to put your memory module in into another slot then boot up your computer. If it still doesn't work, try it with a new memory stick. Be sure the memory stick is properly seated in its slot.

hello fren, I did try reseating the ram stick but the 3 long beeps still occurs, my laptop has only one dimm slot, I tried seating a new compatible ram with the help of their computer technician but the 3 beeps still occurs, is there still any hope for my laptop?

many thanks in advance, God BLesS!

We were not sure if the card installed by a technician was also compatible with your computer unless you bought it in a memory card manufacturer (Crucial site).

The last resort I can see is clean the board dimm slot. Sometimes dust and oxidation will cause poor contact in the slot. In order to clean it, clean the gold contact of your card with a pencil eraser then try reseating it several times in the slot. Be sure to clean the slot with a soft bristle brush. Try to do it carefully.

If it still doesn't work, the problem might be in your motherboard or ram card. Send it to a professional or authorized service shop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.