I have Windows XP Home Edition. I am getting a message when i turn on my toshiba satellite; it says "we apologize for the inconvenience, etc." and gives me a number of options to start up. None works - no matter which i select, i will get a blank screen for a few minutes, then a quick blue screen which i can't read b/c it shuts down again quickly. it does this continuously. The options that they give include Safe mode,safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known windows config and start windows normally. I have tried em all none of em work and same thing stated above happens. Any advice?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

booting to your winxp cd ,go to the recovery console and do R for repair ,at the prompt type in CHKDSK /F,note there is a space between the K and the /

Or you could download a program like SpinRite, boot from a floppy, and run an extensive check on your drive. Like chkdsk, it will repair many a problem on the disk.

Or you could download a program like SpinRite, boot from a floppy, and run an extensive check on your drive. Like chkdsk, it will repair many a problem on the disk.

yes ,spinrite is a good program ,but isn't free unless that changed in the past few years,and will take about 2 days to run on a big hdd,

Perform xp repair install.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.