I have an acer aspire e360...amd dual core 4200 (about 4.4g total processing speed) with 2g ram 512mg ATI Radeon x1300 graphics...whenever i play a game like Counter Strike source or Warcraft 3 my comp freezes and makes scratching noises...the dude with the other post just like this had an ASUS A7V8X-X bios version i think...a person posted that there was a problem with those bios versions priar to 1007 and he had a 1006...the dude with the problem said that he was going to "flash" his bios version. He flashed it and his computer had not frozen in a couple of days so that seemed to work...I would like to know how to check my BIOS version and learn how to "flash it". Please post if u can help.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Your ram could be faulty.

i tried that link and downloaded the flash thing but it didn't work..i would try to run the program and the dos window would appear and then dissapear real fast

i tried that link and downloaded the flash thing but it didn't work..i would try to run the program and the dos window would appear and then dissapear real fast

Ok, do one thing then... Start Command Prompt window and then execute the program from there. At least you'll know what the error is... There must be some exception / error occuring which is why the program just flashes and goes away... Worth a try!

i'm not real sure how to run the program via command prompt and second, the download link is to download RO1B2 and i got my BIOS version number and its RO2-BO..i'm not sure if the RO1B2 is an older version or not

i'm not real sure how to run the program via command prompt and second, the download link is to download RO1B2 and i got my BIOS version number and its RO2-BO..i'm not sure if the RO1B2 is an older version or not

Umm, well ok :-)
I might as well shut up then :-)
To run the exe from command prompt...
Start > Run > cmd >
Just type in the path of the program and execute it from there. Thats all...
e.g. Suppose the name of the program is update.exe which is in C:\
Your prompt would typically look like:
C:\>update.exe

the problem was actually my ram..i downloaded this memory test thing called "Memtest" which can be found here http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html it basically tests your RAM to see if it can store information correctly and i found it very helpful..i got 4 new ram sticks and havent had a freeze yet..thnx for your posts as they were very helpful

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.