I'm not quite sure how it happened. But I was just sitting at my computer reading stuff when a message came up saying that new hardware has been inserted and it was prompting me to finish the setup and installation. I was just sitting there, not doing much, definately not inserting any new hardware into my computer, and I was all by my lonesome, and then all of a suddent his happens. I close the box, and ignore it, but when I try to go to a different site, it tells me that I don't have a connection anymore. Furthermore, the netgear symbol that is usually in the startup bar in the bottom right has disappeared. And when I checked my driver list, the thing was called a cobra v800 or something and under a different driver location. So I went and changed the driver location back to the netgear thingy, but it isn't picking anything up in way of a connection. The light doesn't come on. This wouldn't be so big of a problem if it weren't for the fact that my cd-dvd rom drive also doesn't work. Hasn't for the longest time, but I've come to accept that. But becuase of that I can't just uninstall this thing and then load it back on because I can't use the disc drive, not to mention I lost the netgear startup disc thing a while ago. I just don't know what to do with the thing anymore. Does anyone know just what the hell happened here?

The network device is usually used in a broadband connection setup even if you don't have a local network setup. The netgear startup disc can be downloaded from their site. The CD/DVD drive prob. is going to have to be resloved somehow.
How old is the server and have you replaced the BIOS batt. lately?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.