Hi all,
I am very confuse with my printer.Its nor working properly.Some time it will print and some time not.My friend said me that its a problem of clogged head.So any one can give me some idea to solve this problem?Please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Your printer head has been clogged but their is nothing to worry, you just need a little technical knowledge so that you can easily clean the printer head. You just need to take out the inkjet cartridge if its in the printer and clean the surface where the cartridge sits with some spirit, thinner, or petrol so that it helps to remove the corrosion. Once this is done clean it with clean cloth or tissue. clean the inkjet cartridge if required. I hope that this will help.

Have you tried the cleaning techniques within the printer program? If so, and still no luck, I have had success with the following process: Remove ink cartridge and very carefully apply a few drops of 91% alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to the base of the cartridge (where the ink comes out) and a few drops to the top of the post that goes into the cartridge. Be very careful not to touch either of these surfaces. I use a clean hypodermic needle for this purpose. Now replace the cartridge and wait til the next morning and run it thru a cleaning cycle. This has worked well for myself and many of my friends I have recommended it to. You do this at your own risk so be very careful not to overdo it!

Can i use solvent or hot water to clean the head and if i do this,then will it create any effect on the performance of the cartridge and printing??

Never use water or soap. Many solvents may dissolve plastic parts. Rubbing alcohol is about 89cents a pint. Save yourself some grief and get some.

Never use water or soap. Many solvents may dissolve plastic parts. Rubbing alcohol is about 89cents a pint. Save yourself some grief and get some.

Thanks for this help.I really need this kind of help which will really help me to improve my printing without any risk.

If it's an inkjet, I found that if I left the printer for a long time (weeks, months..) with a cartridge in it (really a bad idea) it will dry up. The print head jets get blocked.

Sometimes it just takes a long time to get these unclogged.. just leave a new cartridge in for some days.. and before that you could try standing the head on a damp cloth.

If on the other hand, performance is erratic from day to day, and the cartridge is not nearly empty, then maybe you need a new print head.

Your printer should offer maintenance routines probably called 'clean' and 'deep clean' say.

When switching off your printer, always make sure you do it so the print head returns to base, so it doesn't dry out so fast.

Search on 'unclog inkjet printer head' and add your printer make or details for more specific advice.

Hi all,
I am very confuse with my printer.Its nor working properly.Some time it will print and some time not.My friend said me that its a problem of clogged head.So any one can give me some idea to solve this problem?Please help me.

run the 'clean printer head' feature in your printer settings under control panel, if that does not work try print test page and manually alter settings, if that does not work, consider buying another printer.

You can use solvent to unclog your printer head manually.

Don't use water to clean your printer head because it will harm to your printer head and will effect in printing quality.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.