hi guys, i know this topic is off. but i cant find the link to pinter. so i came in here. my printer was lexmark. x6150. my inks done. so i open up the inks that came with the printer. as i put in those inks and close it up. it came out an error says ''errer:0502''.... i think u put in those inks perfectly. wut was the problem and how can i fix it. help me plz. i need to print out and fax an important file, its an emergency. thnx to any 1 who trys to help. thnx

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

the original inks was #82 and 83 made by lexmark. now i am tryin to put in #26 by lexmark also. thnx :(((

Instructions for resolving error 0502:

Check the encoder strip on the printer. (This is a clear strip running the length of the printer, above or behind the cartridge carrier.) Do the following:

1. Switch off the printer using the power button.
  2. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the Lexmark X5100 / X6100 Series.
  3. Leave the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds.
  4. Slide the cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer by taking the top part of the belt and moving it gently to the right.
  5. Take out both cartridges.
  6. Place an index finger on the encoder strip on either side of the cartridge carrier.
  7. On the back of the cartridge carrier, there is a small slot that the encoder strip fits into. Slightly push the encoder strip down and then back up to get it into the slot.
  8. Lightly press the strip first to the rear and then forward, if necessary.
  9. Clean the encoder strip with a dry tissue. Also clean the contacts of the printer.
  10. Reconnect the power cable and switch the printer on again.
  11. Perform the hardware test without cartridges first and then with both cartridges.*
  12. Make a standalone copy.
  13. If the copy is satisfactory, repeat the test once to confirm that the error is gone.

* Refer to this document.

Information from the Lexmark support site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.