I just reformatted my PC and installed windows XP Pro. Everything went fine and the computer was working. Suddenly my USB mouse broke so I have to change the mouse. Unfortunately there was no USB mouse available so I shut down the PC and plugged in my PS2 mouse. It didn't work. I tried testing the mouse on a different PC and it works Ok. So I tried to plug it in again and it did nothing. Is there a olution for this? I don't think my computer detects that there is a mouse plugged in my PS2 port. Is there a way I can correct this without having to re-install windows XP? :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If it doesn't detect it in its state, I seriously doubt re-installing XP will do anything for the mouse anyway. You're better off just getting a new mouse, for which you can get great ones for under $20 anywhere, nowadays.

If it doesn't detect it in its state, I seriously doubt re-installing XP will do anything for the mouse anyway. You're better off just getting a new mouse, for which you can get great ones for under $20 anywhere, nowadays.

Solved the problem... Just bought a new mouse.. hehe
Thanks! ;)

Glad you got your problem worked out. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.