I have a button that connects to my computer through a USB connection. When it is clicked it goes to a certain web site and when clicked again it goes to a different web site, it will alternate between the two web sites. It does this by entering a web address into the run box. It is much like Staple's USB Easy Button or a smart button (example: http://gizmodo.com/265470/custom-easy-button). I don't have a use for these web sites anymore and want to reprogram it to go to two different web sites. I am pretty sure I can reprogram it once I get into it but I am having trouble getting into the programming code. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can do this?

Thank you
Nevi

Hi,

Did any software come with this "button"? What is the make and/or model of the "button"?

Normally software is supplied to allow you to do this as I would be hesitant to believe it came programed with those specific sites, as sites rarely stay static forever.

With the make and/or model I can help some more.
Waffles

Hi,
There is no make and model on it, that I can tell. The button came from an insurance company so that we could just click it and so to their web sites. They didn't give us any software for it. Is there a place that would say the make and model?

Thanks
Nevi

Normally it would be on the bottom of the button. If it is a promotional item it might not be programmable.

Not much else you could do if it didn't come with programs as you would need to know how they programmed it.

You could call up the company and ask them if it is possible to change the websites.

Waffles

your arguments solve my problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.