I want to purchase a USB flash drive and I am uncertain if my USB port is a series 1.0 or 2.0. I am particularly interested in a flash drive that requires a USB 2.0. My sales invoice does not provide the spec's on the USB port. Does anyone have that information for me?

While I'm on here, I might as well ask for recommendations for a 4GB USB flash drive. I'm not tech savy people, so don't recommend something that will be difficult for me to use. If I have to reformat it, it'll have to be done easily. I also want something that I can use on XP and other versions of Windows because my computer is old and probably won't last that much longer. I need to be able to transfer files to any computer or operating system that I might get, so versatility is a must.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your computer is USB 2.0. I have a sony 4gig drive that I have been using for a couple of years withot a hitch, and I have used it on XP, Vista, and windows 7.

Thanks Rik.

No problem, hope that info is of use to you! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.