Have a HP c7280 All-in-one series printer that will no longer printer wirelessly from an Apple MacBook. It connects to the wireless network okay, but the Mac can't see it anymore. It prints okay when connected via USB. I removed the HP software and drivers and reinstalled, still no wireless printing. The Mac connects to the wireless network without a problem. I've also tried removing encryption on the network.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

When did this problem happen? Go to System preference and look for Print and Fax. Click on it and make sure the box besides share this printer on the network is tick.

When did this problem happen? Go to System preference and look for Print and Fax. Click on it and make sure the box besides share this printer on the network is tick.

Hard to say exactly when, as it's my aunt's printer and computer. However, I originally set it up and it's worked for a year or two via wireless. Printer sharing is turned on, however the issue is the HP software on the Mac (and the Mac itself) does not see the wireless printer although I can manually ping the printer's IP. I also tried "My device is not listed" in the HP setup assistant and selected the printer model, but Setup Assistant just returns me to start page.

Turn off your firewall and download NoobProof . When you open the software, make sure that printer sharing is enable and port 515 and 631 is not block. Go to software update and check for any latest updates for your printer. What is your mac version?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.