The printer driver you selected is either not compatible with your current version of Windows, or it may not be available. Select a compatible driver from the list, or contact your administrator for help.

I am setting up our new server. When I try to install this printer on Windows 2000 machines I get the message above. I've gone into add aditional drivers and I have the server edition installed. I also have 9x drivers installed. I can connect through the server to the printer from XP clients, but not 2k clients. I've tried drivers from HP.com, the disk that came with the printer, and driverguide.com. Nothing is working. Any clue? Thanks in advance!

-Caleb :?:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am setting up our new server. When I try to install this printer on Windows 2000 machines I get the message above. I've gone into add aditional drivers and I have the server edition installed. I also have 9x drivers installed. I can connect through the server to the printer from XP clients, but not 2k clients. I've tried drivers from HP.com, the disk that came with the printer, and driverguide.com. Nothing is working. Any clue? Thanks in advance!

-Caleb :?:

Your setting up a domain aren't you? Just point all W2K pc's to the server.

Go to my network places make sure you are in the admin account though, go to the server find the printer and double click. Hey presto the machine will be installed and ready to use.

You will have to do this with each account.

If you do it all in administrator then copy the admin account to the default user account you won't.:cheesy: It will then be set up on all accounts

well that sounds like how i've installed the xp machines... i just went through my network and pointed them to the 8100. But when i do that with 2k machines i get a similar error. :(

thanks though.......

well that sounds like how i've installed the xp machines... i just went through my network and pointed them to the 8100. But when i do that with 2k machines i get a similar error. :(

thanks though.......

Uninstall any drivers or software you have already tried then try going to your server again you shouldn't need to have any drivers the server should have them and will install what you need auto matically. If it does ask you to pick from the list which it shouldn't make sure you choose the W2K drivers. They should be the same as xp though there are more or less the same OS.:rolleyes:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.