My mouse pointer is completely stuck in the middle of the screen!:sad:

I thought it was the mouse so got a new PS2 mouse. Plugged it in and the mouse was still stuck. This made me think that maybe the PS2 socket was faulty so i bought a USB mouse. I plugged this in and still the pointer is stuck.

The computer works fine otherwise. The keyboard works and i can navigate around using the keys to the best of my ability. The device manager doesn't report any faults with the mouse or drivers.

Has anyone had this problem? Or got any suggestions on what could be the problem? Its a new one to me! :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That's odd.

Have ya tried looking at mouse drivers? Or perhaps somehow you disableled both mouses (mice)?

There's no errors in the device manager. I suppose i could unintsall mouse drivers and see if the system redetects them:-| . I'll let you know the results. Not sure of the root cause everything seems ok. I've scanned for spyware and viruses but found nothing.

My mouse pointer is completely stuck in the middle of the screen!

i pluged another serial mouse Plugged it in and the mouse was still stuck.
The computer works fine otherwise. The keyboard works and i can navigate around using the keys to the best of my ability. The device manager doesn't report any faults with the mouse or drivers.

Has anyone had this problem? Or got any suggestions on what could be the problem? 2 days back it was working fine, the keyboard if working fine, i did the system restore to check if in case any files were deleted but did not do any use still the mouse is not working also i did the windows reload then also it did not work, i am using windows professional as o/s

Try some things. Boot to safe mode and see if the mouse acts ok. If it does something else is interfering with your mouse (software or hardware)

Uninstalled, then re-installed new anti-virus software. Then mouse became stuck in middle of screen. Tried suggestions as above.........anyone have any contributions?

commented: This thread dates back to 2006. It is already 5 years old -2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.