Hi I was wondering if someone can help me I've been having problems with the usb on my computer and everytime i want to use the mouse it will freeze constantly I had to reinstall my OS on my computer due to Spyware and I figure that by then the problem with USB will be fixed but it is still happening I did tried to conecct the mouse to another usb but still it keep freezing and I'm gettin this error "USB Device not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." I did tried the mouse at my friends computers and it works fine I also tried changing the mouse to the keyboard usb but the samething happends Please Help the only thing that I have connected to my computer are the keyboard and mouse and sometimes I do connect my M1 with a USB cable Please I need your help desperately I can't do much on my computer because of my mouse constanly freezing sometimes it gets so bad that I have to restart the computer HELP

Dell Dimension 4600
Intel(r) Pentuim(r)4 CPU 3.20Ghz(2CPUs)
Windows Xp Home Edition SP2
512 RAM
160 HD
NVIDIA GeForce Fx 5200 128mb

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

How many USB devices do you have? Does your PC freezes on any other device? if it does then it could be a USB controller problem.

The USB host controller might not be getting enough power to drive the devices.

How many USB devices do you have? Does your PC freezes on any other device? if it does then it could be a USB controller problem.

I only have the keyboard and mouse and its only happening with the mouse on every usb i put it it tells me "USB Device not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." but it does not tells me that when i plug my keyboard

try replacing your mouse with another one. ay be just shuffle with your friends. Else see if you can get an updated driver for the mouse. Is it logitech?

Yes it is a logitech and also I do have another mouse of the same kind and the same thing happends

I think you must try another brand also make sure you try upgrading the drivers.

Yes i spoke to technical support at Dell and they said the same thing that I should try another brand because my keyboard works fine and other things that i plug into the usb like my cellphone mp3 etc so it can't be the motherboard I updated my chipset but i do still get the same error first I get found new hardware then it tells me that it ready to be use and after a couple of minutes the error message comes out and the mouse starts to freeze thank you for your help I really appreciated a lot

Let me know what happens after you replaced it with a different brand.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.