I just got a new cell phone, sanyo 8200 camera phone, and I assume there is software to make your own ringtones from your cd's etc....

anyone experianced in this???? the thought of renting tones for $3 is silly when you can buy a song forever in itunes for $1...

any help would be appreciated...

either for mac or windows woudl be fine, share/free ware would be great but for the right thing wouldnt mond paying a few bucks...

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

I found one but it cost over $100 dollars, search google for ringtone creator and you will get a whole bunch of sources to buy that program, but i take it you dont want to spend a lot of money.

yeah Id like to find a cheap shareware or free if there is one... ya know people are out there pirating DVD and I can copy a cd to my ringtone.... go figure...

I use Nero wave editor, that comes with Nero burning suite.
Chop the mp3 into smaller fils then bluetooth them to my phone.
Also use one on my iBook called Audacity, which is free.

I use Kylix Ringtone Maker. It can convert DVD and CD to ringtone.

I use Acid Pro to chop down my files and Cool Edit to edit them adding any sound effects and sorts I want. Then I upload the .wav or .mp3 to my server and connect my phone to the URL downloading them manually. Thats exactly what companies do, except the only difference is mine sounds extremely realistic because I use high quality settings.

Hi there;
Would you give me a short step-by-step guide on making a ringtone,please?And wich software I need to get? I will really appreciate.Thank you.
Mavinga

Hi there;
Would you give me a short step-by-step guide on making a ringtone,please?And wich software I need to get? I will really appreciate.Thank you.
Mavinga

I prefer to use a service, rather than download software. Go to http://www.phonesherpa.com. So far they are the absolute best for converting music files (almost any format) into ringtones. They have a easy to use ringtone editor that lets you pick your favorite part of the song.

When you sign up, you get a free credit, and they don't auto bill or anything like that. It's cheap and easy...give it a try.

Thanks a lot Juril, for your help.
Mavinga

i bought an Nokia N80 and guess what. There was a software installed in my mobile which can make MP3 Ringtones. All you have to do is load the songs into your mobile via bluetooth or datacable. And you can make ringtones in your mobile. Love Nokia mobile for thier software provisions.

Thanks a lot brother. I really appreciate.
mvingab.

did you find any software for your pc. i use a mac - what software is there for both? did you find anything that actually works proper?

I just got a new cell phone, sanyo 8200 camera phone, and I assume there is software to make your own ringtones from your cd's etc....

anyone experianced in this???? the thought of renting tones for $3 is silly when you can buy a song forever in itunes for $1...

any help would be appreciated...

either for mac or windows woudl be fine, share/free ware would be great but for the right thing wouldnt mond paying a few bucks...

thanks

I just copy over the ringtones to my Sony-Ericsson and it can use those.

My older Nokia also let me do that, but preferred having smaller files so I used Switch Wave Pad to cut down the file size and quality.

Those websites you've mentioned do exactly what I've just said but save quite a bit of time :)

I'll be using them myself!

I can make ringtones myself on my Nokia 520~

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.