Hi, I have a RCA MP3 player that had a previous problem, it would turn on and the RCA screen would pop up and then freeze right there.. I found help and reformatted the player and that helped with that issue.
Now I can drag and drop my mp3 files to the player and see them when I open up the drive on my computer, but on the actual player states that there are 0 files when I turn it on.
I think I deleted a key folder or file when I formatted.
Would anyone happen to know what files or folders are necessary on a MP3 player for it to recoginize that there are mp3 files on it and then actually play them?
I tried the RCA site but they had no software downloads for this player.

Thanks for any help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You should try RCA's customer support. Your post has been on here for quite a while which probably means nobody knows an exact answer. Be careful when formatting things in the future!

Good luck

Formatting the player and it removing essential files seems a little silly, but a possibility. It may also be an encoding issue, maybe you need to encode the audio as something other than mp3.

Formatting the player and it removing essential files seems a little silly, but a possibility.

It depends how he has formatted it... and if (like the ipod) crucial files are stored in the main stick storage or a different bit of internal memory.

try calling RCA's customer service and im sure they will help you with your concern.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.