So here's the dealy. I just bought my MP3 player yesterday. It's a 2 GB player, but will only allow me to add so much music. It's telling me I have 1.3GB left, but when I go to add another song, it says I can't add anymore. Once I delete a song and attempt it again, it's fine. So it's acting like it's full. It has nothing to do with file sizes, because the files are all under 7KB. I even tried to delete all the songs and Sync it with Media Player (even unclicked the "Create folder hierarchy on device"). Same result. Any idea what it could be? Anyone?? PLEASE HELP!!

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

What make and model is it?
What version of windows are you using?
Does it have it's own file transfer software?

We need information to work with.

It's called "Hip Street" I think it's made by Missil.. I'm not 100% on that though. I'm using Windows XP and no software came with it.. it just plugs in and comes up as a removable disk.

Might be an idea to copy everything off it then format it. If it supports it, it may be better formatted in FAT32.

Does it have a recycle bin(Mine does)?
Empty it if so.

The information in the recycle bin is stored on the hard drive in the pc, not on the MP3 player.

The information in the recycle bin is stored on the hard drive in the pc, not on the MP3 player.

Thank you for telling me how my MP3 player works.
I'd appreciate the info if you weren't wrong.

I sort PC problems for a living. I have never ever seen the recycle bin on an MP3 player ever.

I am not the one who is wrong.

Well there's none on mine.. and I tried to defrag it and I got 592 MB and now it's the same thing. I tried adding a different file type to see if it's just a matter of the "Music" not holding enough.. but it's not the case. :( I just want it to work lol

I meant to reformat it in fat16 or fat32. Right click on it and you will see the format option.

Ha.. wow.. Sorry.. It takes a minute sometimes :P

Fat32 may be best, you will see it in the drop down menu.

It says, "Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive, and make sure no window is displaying the contects of the drive. Then try formatting again."

I closed everything and took all the music off. Even closed the "My Computer" folder, and it still won't format. Ugh.

There's a file called "Ct" in the MP3 Player folder, it has 0 KB and says it's Hidden. I can't delete it... could that be the problem? And how do I get rid of it?

I sort PC problems for a living. I have never ever seen the recycle bin on an MP3 player ever.

I am not the one who is wrong.

This only happens in Ubuntu, so I'll give you a half credit.

I switch my player between Ubuntu and XP, which is what led to the confusion. This causes problems in XP, so you can look at it anyway you want. I see it as an interesting lesson.

can't play with my HS-613 MP3 Player...what is Unknown Format means?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.