Hi I was on my computer Keyboard that has the roundplug in to the back then my kitten jump on and I threw him off (no I didn't hurt him) it made a weird beeping when ever I tried to type so I turned off my computer took it out, put it back in then turn it back on. Weird thing is when it came back on the screen stayed black till I pushed a random key then it boots but it still won't let me type or do anything at all and that "1" to the upper right side of the keyboard won't lit up either. Right now I'm using a USB keyboard but it feels weird.... please help me!!!

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

How could a keyboard "feel weird"?
In any case, I think it's the only solution as you've damaged the PS2 connector. You probably shouldn't use it at all.
Post a pic of the kitten.

One of the keys cold be stuck down. Check them over thoroughly.

The other keyboard has the keys closer together and I've used it for about 3 or 4 years so I'm use to the feel of it. and whats a PS2 is there anyway I can fix it???

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa53/DarkWol14/DSCI0637.jpg It's a pic of him

How could a keyboard "feel weird"?
In any case, I think it's the only solution as you've damaged the PS2 connector. You probably shouldn't use it at all.
Post a pic of the kitten.

Its no help and none are stuck, thank you though

One of the keys cold be stuck down. Check them over thoroughly.

If you can colder it is possible to fit a new plug and / or cable, but it hardly seems worth it as keyboards are so cheap.

The "roundplug" is a PS2 connector.
There are PS2/USB adapters that might help, and a tinkerer might be able to fix the connector, but it's just not worth the effort, or the money if you have to pay for it.
Keyboards are cheap and come in a zillion different models. Find a USB keyboard you like and buy it.
Have a stern talk with your kitty.

ah thanks and I think I'll just buy a USB one next month then maybe
I tryes but he won't stay still lol

The "roundplug" is a PS2 connector.
There are PS2/USB adapters that might help, and a tinkerer might be able to fix the connector, but it's just not worth the effort, or the money if you have to pay for it.
Keyboards are cheap and come in a zillion different models. Find a USB keyboard you like and buy it.
Have a stern talk with your kitty.

While you're at it, buy little guy a toy to distract him from your new keyboard. ;)

While you're at it, buy little guy a toy to distract him from your new keyboard. ;)

I did ^^ he has a small tenis ball he loves smacking and picking up

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.