I'm looking at buying a new dell laptop, what are your opinions on the inspiron range?? any opinions are welcome.

Thanks, Chopper.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Its really a good series and i would like to suggest you to go for Dell Inspiron 1420. I am also using it. I am sure you will also find it the best.

They do really well running ubuntu...

Good thing with Dell is, on the whole, the great support.

My youngest daughter got a reconditioned/open box Dell netbook at a huge discount in August 2010 from a third party website. Its started blue screening last week, contacted Dell who sent a courier to collect it from my home address last Friday afternoon at no charge, and it was returned today (that's within 3 working days) with a new HDD and completely fixed.

Can't complain at that kind of service, especially when you consider it wasn't even purchased from Dell and had probably been a faulty return and repair item to start with, hence the open box status and low price.

Thanks guys! I'm convinced, this will definatly be my next purchase :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.