now im about to buy a new laptop , i have 3 choices ,the FIRST is HP G6-1040e (4GB ram , 500GB HDD , core i3-380M 2.53 GHz , ATI radeon HD5650 graphics 1GB , 15.6" display ) ... the SECOND is FUJITSU ( 4GB ram , 640GB HDD , core i5 2.66 GHz, HD LED INTEL graphics up to 1695MB , 3MB cache ) .... the THIRD is LENOVO ( 4GB ram , 500GB HDD , core i5 2.53GHz 460M , 3MB cache , HD LED display , 1 GB NIVIDIA ) ... now im confused , which one shall i buy ?? the HP is a great well known laptop , the FUJITSU is made in GERMANY so its good , LENOVO was IBM so its good ,, which one shall live more and has the best quality with best performance ? please quick because i have no time . which one shall i buy ?????? :-/ .. and thanks :)

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Based on the information you provided. Lenovo is the best among the three laptop. But beside having a faster speed and more memory, the processor and graphic are important. i5 will be better than a i3 processor but the best is always i7. In this case none of the laptop have it. Nvidia graphics are awesome and i love them so i would recommend you a laptop that has it. So in conclusion i think the best laptop is lenovo. But you have to compare the prices first.

It depends what you a going to use it for. (I assume the price is equal on the 3 laptops)

I agree with jingda that the lenovo is the best laptop for performance, since it have both a better cpu and a good quality dedicated graphics chip, but it will most likely affect, how long time it can run on battery.
So if that is an issue, you might want to consider one of the other options.

In regard to the Graphics (GPU), both Nvidia and ATI/AMD are well performing, when it comes to gaming and other "excessive graphics" demands. But if you are only going to use it for general office applications, you might never notice the difference to the intel GPU.

oh, and btw. Lenovo have a very good cooling solution, which in my experience work better than the competition, because it sucks the air in from the back, and blow the hot air out to the side - most other competitors rely on sucking air from the bottom (which is often limiting the airflow), or sucking air from the top (which usually is a little noisy). :)

commented: Thanks you for sharing the same thoughts as me. 9 rep points for you, Jakob +9
commented: thnx alot man :) +0

Lenovo rocks.;)

Yeah, i will go with lenovo also. They Rock! and the battery is quite good.

but what's the problem with the HP and fujitsu ?

There is actually no problem with them at all. Let's take it that the three laptops cost the same price. Lenovo is better than Fujitsu and HP because of its feature. It has a NVIDIa Graphics which is better ATI radeon HD5650 graphics 1GB and HD LED INTEL graphics up to 1695MB. With NVIDIA graphic, the image you see will be better, something like blu ray. Higher definition. YOu will like it when you are playing games or watching movies on the laptop. It will be much more clearer. Lenovo battery are able to last longer that HP about Fujitsu i am not sure. I am sure you would want a longer lasting battery so you would not need to charge your laptop every time. i5 processor are better than i3, more faster. Thus HP is already out of the game only left Lenovo laptop and Fujitsu laptop competing since both have i5 processor. But Lenovo graphics are better, thus lenovo is a better choice.

Although Fujitsu have more memory than Lenovo, Lenovo would still be a better choice by comparing the information you provided. If you have any more question, please post. I will always be happy to lend a helping hand. :)

the thing that im afraid of is that lenovo isn't famous as HP .. im afraid of it being broken down alot ! :S

Don't worry about Lenovo.
It is a huge brand in northern Europe (at least), known for reliable laptops.
But since you didn't write anything about which model you are looking at, I can't of cause be too specific. :)

the lenovo model is z560 , the HP model is 1040e , the FUJITSU model is AH530 :)

I couldn't find any reviews on the HP (1040e isn't specific enough), but between the other two - Lenovo is still the winner imo. :)

Lenovo is very famous. HP is famous not because of their computers alone, it is because of other products like printers and others. That is what made HP famous, Lenovo is already famous by creating laptops. You can say Lenovo is on par with HP.

You can ram a Lenovo (At least a thinkpad) into a concrete wall with 35mph and it still works, running it's own crash tests. Proof here. Your lenovo can survive the weight of a grown man and don't break. Proof here. True stories. I would always go for a Lenovo since i tend to drop my stuff a lot. I had a Fujitsu once. Broke down in a week.
EDIT: And for the HP, it's all bark no bite.

commented: Nice point, katmai. You deserve some reputation +9

Ok thanks for the videos katmai539. But that does not still make Lenovo the best in terms of hardware. The original poster want to know which specs are better. Lenovo had proven it, said be Jakob and me above. If the poster is careful it does not matter if the laptop is strong or not, since he does not drop it often.

jingda You're right, I was making points in *addition* to yours.

Have to say pretty nice point too. This is the first time i have heard that lenovo laptop can withstand a person weight standing on it. A year ago, i had a toshiba windows xp laptop. I left the laptop on the floor and suddenly my 10kg school bag fell on top of it. The screen crack immediately.

Cool, i have to recommend Lenovo to my friends now as they always drop their laptop.:D

That's exactly what i thought. I'm currently saving up money for a €2000 ThinkPad W520, i use it for dj'ing at underground squatparties, which are the places where things are most likely to fall or get spilled over with beer and stuff. Also, the ThinkPad has the best cooling mechanism according to a Dutch tech blog.

HP always will have problems with the video card. Many people that i know with a HP had that problem, (video card broken because of the high temperature)I don't know what to say about lenovo, but fujitsu it's he best..

Fujitsu is good but in this case we have to go according to the original poster information. And based on that Lenovo has the best graphic cards of all three.

this is in response about your worries of lenovo not being popular enough .
below is copy paste from news site about when lenovo bought out IBM's pc department

it's official -- China's largest personal computer maker, Lenovo Group Ltd, is buying control of IBM's PC-making business for $1.25 billion, completing IBM's retreat from the business it created in 1981.

Lenovo will become the world's third largest PC manufacturer, after Dell and Hewlett-Packard/Compaq. IBM will hold an 18.9% stake in Lenovo. Stephen M. Ward Jr from IBM will take over as the new Lenovo CEO.

this is in response about your worries of lenovo not being popular enough .
below is copy paste from news site about when lenovo bought out IBM's pc department

it's official -- China's largest personal computer maker, Lenovo Group Ltd, is buying control of IBM's PC-making business for $1.25 billion, completing IBM's retreat from the business it created in 1981.

Lenovo will become the world's third largest PC manufacturer, after Dell and Hewlett-Packard/Compaq. IBM will hold an 18.9% stake in Lenovo. Stephen M. Ward Jr from IBM will take over as the new Lenovo CEO.

2 Wows. First the news. Second, the first time I am seing Caperjack in this forum. What brings you here caper?;)

What brings you here caper?;)

first the news is old .
second ,boredom.lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.