Member Avatar for Ralphael

My laptop HP dv6-3037sb sometimes suddenly switches off(not shutdown or hibernate) while i am working with it, please i will like to knowwhat could be the problem and any viable solutions

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You mean when you use it halfway it turn off by itself right? How old is your laptop?

Your problem can be cause by an overheating issue. Clear the heatsink and fan. Check whether the heatsink is clogged with dusk if yes clear it and check whether the fan is working properly to cool the CPU. It should be spinning.

You mean when you use it halfway it turn off by itself right? How old is your laptop?

Your problem can be cause by an overheating issue. Clear the heatsink and fan. Check whether the heatsink is clogged with dusk if yes clear it and check whether the fan is working properly to cool the CPU. It should be spinning.

It was a laptop, not a desktop...
Much like Jingda said, might be overheating issue. Cleaning laptop fan can be difficult and I suggest you send it to local computer shop to clean it for you.

Its not upto a year old so i dont think it is my fan

Its not upto a year old so i dont think it is my fan

when it comes to computers you can't make an assumption based on age .

Damn it. When i saw HP dv6-3037sb i immediately assume it was a desktop without bother checking the internet and later found out that the poster had already include the word ' laptop ' in front. Seems like i need to change my eyes soon:D

I agree with Flagstar and Caperjack above. Overheating does not matter how new your laptop is. Bettere check it out first.

I have checked but it seems my fan is not dirty

I have checked but it seems my fan is not dirty

is the fan spinning when laptop is on

is the fan spinning when laptop is on

Yes it is spinning

You could try to boot into BIOS, and check your CPU temperature from there. If it was over 50 degree, then yes it's overheating...

or... boot up normally, run programs like usual and put your hands on the keyboard laptop (just below the fan position) and feel the temperature. If it was indeed hot, there's your problem...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.