Ok so my parents bought a Nintendo Wii to use for Netflix, which is overall pretty sweet for me during the two more months I'll be living at home. So far I'm loving Netflix, but is there any way to pre-load movies instead of streaming them?

I would like to pre-load a list of movies and be able to jump around in them easily without having to wait 20 minutes for my crappy internet connection to keep up.

I know, obviously it would present a piracy problem if you could download the movies you watch on Netflix, but if it's stored on a Wii or encrypted then it might be feasible.

As of right now, I can start streaming a movie and then press pause and wait a while, but I still don't know if that will work as I hope it to.

Any thoughts?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i thought downloading movie on netflix is not illegal since they already allow download or watching online. Are you using windows, if you are you can you other softwares for that. While playing the first part of the movie the second part is already loading.

--> As of right now, I can start streaming a movie and then press pause and wait a while, but I still don't know if that will work as I hope it to.
I did that and the whole thing stop, does not continue to load anymore so i am sure the same thing will happen to yours. About the playing on Wii part, I am sorry i can't help you with that.

of course downloading movies are still counted as piracy even on netflix :sad:

<<snip>>

You get it wrong. Websites that allow you to download movie for free is considered Piracy. Netflix is different, you have to pay for the movie you watch.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.