The problem goes something like this:

Yesterday, while I was playing DOTA 2 on my desktop computer, the computer suddenly turned off. I noticed that the switch where i had plugged the wire in was loose so i tightened it and switched it on. I pressed the power button but there was nothing on the screen while the System Unit was showing power lights and the fan was working too. I switched it off and on again for 2 or 3 times and finally the display came on the monitor. It worked perfectly fine then for the entire day just when i shut it down and turned it back on the next day, again, the same problem occured. I switched it on and off for 2 or 3 times and the display finally came on the monitor. When i don't turn the system unit on and off, i hear the windows booting up and i even hear the sound of Windows 7 starting but there is no display. My monitor is working fine as i've checked it on another pc, but i'm worried about this problem as i cannot risk my system unit by turning it on and off 2 or 3 times.

Also, once the display comes on the monitor, there is no problem, it occurs only when i start the computer or when i try to wake it up from sleep mode. It shouldn't be a ram problem since i can hear the windows 7 starting sound right? Did the sudden power breakout cause the problem? Then what could possibly the problem be? Also, I use a graphic card so the monitor is plugged into it only on the VGA port. This problem is occuring since yesterday and I'm quite worried about it. Also there are no beeping sounds that illustrate faulty hardware during BIOS check, so, your technical expertise would be greatly appreciated. Following are the specifications of my computer:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
System Model (motherboard) DH61WW__
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
4 GB DDR3 Ram
500 GB hard-disk
ATI Radeon HD 4850

Sounds like your graphics card is going bad.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.