RikTelner 20 Posting Pro in Training

I decided along with my class mate, we'll start group of game development. We took some game engines like Unity, Frostbite (?) en Unreal Engine under consideration. It took my logical quad about 10 seconds to start the game at 10FPS, when I clicked on export, it took it 5 minutes to get 0.00% to 0.01%. That means that we're not gonna render all this on our computer, but instead, we'll use our self-created server for all purposes of our team. We're still students of secondary education. So we're not that filthy of money. But if we want to build quite serious game, we need to have quite serious power.

Here's where to question comes, what should such server consist of? Considering out budget would be about 2000 euro. Server would be for virtual machines, Adobe After Effects rendering, Blender rendering, Unreal Engine rendering. Is there a build you could suggest, where we could step by step upgrade our server, without throwing things away? Let's say we bought i5 and then you say we need to buy Xeon, we would need to throw i5 away, that costed money. Is there a build you would recommend, without throwing things away?