Does anyone have any experience with CJ.com? (commission junction) Which affiliates do you use and which have you found pay the best? (Especially in the technology/computing sector!)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi Dani,

CJ provides data on which affiliates perform the best. They rank on a 5 point scale and call it "network earnings". You can browse your category and sort by highest or lowest network earning.

This does not mean you should only acquire affiliates with high network earnings. Choose affiliates that are as relevant as possible and target your audience well.

Hope this answers your question. Maybe not, let me know.

Cheers,
Avi Wilensky

CJ's network earnings bar is about as reputable as Alexa traffic statistics. (Which in other words means not very). I'm looking more for some real human experience / testimonials of what worked and what didn't work for people under different conditions :)

I've had good luck with 123inkjets.com I have a site that promotes them and does well.

Cool, thanks Kaspie. I am actually already an affiliate of them! If you were to convert their payout to CPM for showing their banners, do you mind telling what it would be? It's just that everyone has a different preconceived notion of what doing good means :mrgreen:

Cool, thanks Kaspie. I am actually already an affiliate of them! If you were to convert their payout to CPM for showing their banners, do you mind telling what it would be? It's just that everyone has a different preconceived notion of what doing good means :mrgreen:

wrong id, let me post under mine personal id, sorry.

Ok this is my personal account, and that website is one of mine. Kaspie is my other hat I wear for a client, and would like to keep them seperate. :)

ok I looked up my CPM for year to date with them, and the report doesn't show CPM, it shows EPM, does that help? My EPM with them is $72.61. I don't push that site, it gets very little traffic, but I get sales every month and they only thing I push on the site is 123inkjet. Virginia

Come on Dani, you know we're #1, hehe.

Actually though, through our online savings portal, bascially none of our top 50 or so commission earners were tech related last month. The closest ones would be online dating sites.

As far as CPM numbers are concerned, our top 50 averaged about a $222 CPM and our top 10 averaged $627 CPM. So take that for what it's worth.

I was just informed that I actually meant to ask which CJ merchants pay the best ... the payees, of course, are the affiliates.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.