Hi All,

Unfortunately AdSense declined me b/c of my site having e-books only for adults.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to AdSense?

Thanks

Michelle

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Hi All,

Unfortunately AdSense declined me b/c of my site having e-books only for adults.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to AdSense?

Thanks

Michelle

Clicksor.com

PS: i dont work for them :mrgreen:

Clicksor.com

PS: i dont work for them :mrgreen:

why do i see so many female posters here? thought 80% of IT people were male :lol:

no clue..

but my site has alot of geeks trolling and there are about 95% male...maybe its the advertising technique's the webbie used..

and yea i'm male..lol

And thanx for the website..gona check it out..cause adsense PISSES me off..

why do i see so many female posters here? thought 80% of IT people were male :lol:

Most techies are male. But the founder / owner / admin of this site just happens to be female ;)

Thanks for that. I'll check them out.

Why does AdSense piss you off?

Michelle

no clue..

but my site has alot of geeks trolling and there are about 95% male...maybe its the advertising technique's the webbie used..

and yea i'm male..lol

And thanx for the website..gona check it out..cause adsense PISSES me off..

This board is for many areas of e-commerce & just being online, not just for programmers & there are many more female programmers coming out into the light.

I just happen to be a bizwoman, not a WD or programmer.

Later

Michelle :)

hey would u marry me? :lol:

kidding :mrgreen:

adnetworkreviews.com

they reviewed big ad networks like Casale Media or FastClick.

;)

they piss me off because they accuse me and my website of doing actions to cheat there system, although we have not done anything of the sort..which annoys me greatly..

they denied payment of an excess of $1800 dollars for a month's advertising when we originally got the advert, and caused me to have to run a shitty server for 6 more months than i wanted to..

Now we have emailed them a billion times and got back on there program, but i put them in the footer where hardly anyone sees it, so it's not gaining anything like it was before...

So yea adsense and google as a whole pisses me off..

Why did you have to run a shitty server just b/c they denied you the money? Were you banking on the money for a better server?

Thanks Jack, but I tend not to marry people I don't know. Just a small rule of mine :)

Sweet dreams everyone !

Michelle

i was banking on the money from the ad's to get me dual xeons..

but because i got no cash from ads it was coming out of pocket..and i don't know about you but i can't really afford a $250 server cost every month..

I agree.

Good luck

Michelle :)

i was banking on the money from the ad's to get me dual xeons..

but because i got no cash from ads it was coming out of pocket..and i don't know about you but i can't really afford a $250 server cost every month..

Well there are other text based ppc affiliate networks such as revenuepilot.com and searchfeed.com which pay some ok rates for specific keywords. try them out.

i use click-share.com. i think they're a good alternative

Yeh right, no offense, glad you enjoy them, but I just tried to call them & here's what happened...

First the guy answers"hello" instead of with a company name. Then I say I didn't know what was going on b/c it sounded like someone's home # & he should probably answer the phone with a company name.

He ignored me which will irk me to no end.

Then it becomes clear he doesn't understand English well enough, so I said I prefer to speak to someone who speaks better English.

I hung up & called the US NY # & he answers again.

He realized it was me & we parted, I asked why he's answering the NY # since he's in Toronto.

If I can't even speak to someone who handles the phones well, that just turns me right off from doing biz.

Take care

Michelle

i use click-share.com. i think they're a good alternative

Uh oh. I work from home and the phone number printed on my media kits (to sell advertising on DaniWeb) is sometimes used as a personal line and I am guilty of answering with "hello".

Yes, that happened to me once too, & I pissed the customer off as well, but you know what, I apologized proffucely, explained the situation & he was ok with it b/c I was honest & apologetic about it.

One has to know how to handle customers when they call & not just treat them like they are the guy next door.

This guy just ignored me & I could tell he either didn't care or just didn't understand my English.

That's where he lost me b/c nothing will turn me off faster than people who ignore what I have to say. That's disrespectful & a slap in the face.

I work from home too & I have no problem with people who work from home, but if one gets tons of calls (I don't b/c I would never give out my home #), then I feel at that point it's time to invest in a new number, or at the very least a VM #. That's what I have now, with a complete VM system in place.

In fact I just switched from a local # to a toll free one & I realized this bumps up my image 10 fold. I even get more calls now than I did b4 & yes it costs me an extra $3/month, but how many extra sales do I make too b/c I look more professional?

Professionalism goes a long way & when tons of people online can scam you b/c they aren't a real company, or there's no hiearchy so if you have a problem you have no one to turn to, one has to show they are very professional, even if they are working from home.

I especially don't like it when retail companies answer that way. I've had restaurants answer that way & it seems foreigners are the worst. Most seem not to know biz etiquette at all.

Hello, branding is crucial in biz & if someone doesn't know how to run a biz in somewhat of a proper manner, I admit, that turns me off.

I mean, come on, as a biz person everyone should want their biz name to be out there. Say it to millions of people. Make them remember you. That's what good biz is all about.

End of rant :)

Michelle

Uh oh. I work from home and the phone number printed on my media kits (to sell advertising on DaniWeb) is sometimes used as a personal line and I am guilty of answering with "hello".

We have our regular house line, and then I have my own line which I use for both business and personal use. (Remember, up until this past January I was just a college kid running DaniWeb as a side hobby). If the caller ID comes up with something that is obviously an Internet-related company, I'll answer with "DaniWeb". But if it's not, I will answer with "hello". However, once I find out who is on the other line, I always am (or at least like to think so) very professional.

From some sitcom, Seinfeld, I think, where the advice was to name your company "Thank you for calling, how may I help you.". That way the person who answers the phone can say:

"Thank you for calling 'thank you for calling how may I help you', how may I help you?"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.