I just read on a blog that Facebook advertising revenue is quickly surpassing Myspace's. It is no surprise since Facebook seems to be more widely accepted than Myspace. http://www.clickz.com/3635971?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+clickz+%28ClickZ+News%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

I personally would advise clients to advertise on Facebook for most tactics unless the business wants to target musicians or teeny boppers. What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

wel definitely theer are people who still advertise things on myspace,
but i totally agree that facebook becomes more and more spreadout.
So if you want your ad be seen by a number of people, better do it on both))))

Just maybe, if you promoted it amongst people in groups pertaining to the right topics

I think that Facebook is better and more because is easier to get a U$ 50 credit voucher.

I heard Facebook will start charging around $4.00 a month from March or May, can't remember exactly, but that will lose a lot of members. So My Space might become popular again, unless they charge as well.

I heard Facebook will start charging around $4.00 a month from March or May, can't remember exactly, but that will lose a lot of members. So My Space might become popular again, unless they charge as well.

I think Facebook is better. Myspace seems to load very slowly and people will abandon it in a short time.

I just read on a blog that Facebook advertising revenue is quickly surpassing Myspace's. It is no surprise since Facebook seems to be more widely accepted than Myspace. http://www.clickz.com/3635971?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+clickz+%28ClickZ+News%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

I personally would advise clients to advertise on Facebook for most tactics unless the business wants to target musicians or teeny boppers. What do you think?

You are right... But regardless, you should not underestimate Myspace. I am not saying spend money advertising there, but by all means do comment on blogs, groups and even place backlinks there.

True - Myspace attracts different segments that may be more convertible for other products.

I think my space fit for entertainment related and not for general advertisement section like Facebook or other.I am not advertise my product yet to myspace yet, but I think I rather use directppv over them

I stop advertising (business) on MySpace anymore. Although it’s really a nice site but it happens that other users abused it. It is good for those who really wanted to look for their peer and communicate not only for adult to adult but also for the younger ones, even teens.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.