Hello, I wish to start a website where someone can download any programs I make for free.
Is there any legal issues involved with that?

If I am using a images off google images for a game, is it legal for me to use it if I write the URL at which I obtained it?

Thank you people!

Game Guy

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I personally recommend you to write for permission before you use any digital image. It is good to cover your a-- first.

This is a very difficult thing to determine. Now, there are many people that use images without prior approval from their owner and can get away with it for quite some time.

However, I do suggest you try to get written permission. From what you are saying you will not be charging money for the download of these things yet I am sure that on your page you will have some sort of affiliate or referral link like Adsense from Google from which you will make money.

Well., is it legal for me to make a website where people download my programs for free, IF I don't use other people images?

I agree you seek permission before using images, will check your site mate

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.