We all know how great Google AdSense is. However, what other programs are there out there? Has anyone had good performance with ValueClick, CJ, FastClick, Burst, etc? I use ValueClick but it doesn't generate nearly as much as AdSense does for me.

Recommended Answers

All 32 Replies

Besides AdSense, I use FastClick and I am just getting started with Burst. I've been serving FastClick as my AdSense alternate (where possible) and I am/plan to use Burst to fill in other spots. I also sell direct advertising as it is requested.

To tell you the truth, I don't really spend much time on things like this. They are more of a side thing or a "when I have time" thing. Most of my time is dedicated to cultivating my sites and improving and maintaining what I currently offer, rather than selling advertising and what have you. :)

Hey there Patrick! So great to have you aboard :) I use AdSense mostly. Then I use ValueClick as an AdSense alternate.

Before I found AdSense, I wanted to go with FastClick, but they denied me because they said my site was all forums and they no longer allowed forum sites into the network. :( I take it you were grandfathered in.

Thank you.

I have never displayed them on forums. Just on content sites/non-forums, etc.

Hi there :)

I have experience with Google AdSense and I am quite pleased. I am just disappointed by the low options and settings and preferences that one might use through their control panel. But the income is great and their stats overview is honest. It just doesn't keep track of paid out sales, so you have to guess the open amount.

My other experience is with Comission Junction (cj.com) which has paid out each time, good support and has that is missing on adsense. They payout in check just like adsense or direct debit for UK/US/CA.

I am not that satisfied for the new versions of browsers block their cookies a lot more then in the past. Even though there is a small growth, I notice I miss a lot of comission just by blocked third party cookies. They don't appear to do something about this but suggest to inform the users to accept the cookies.

I am please with both and they pay out proper and no issues so far. I'd recommend them.

Searchfeed, Gethitsfrom.us, Kanoodle, Burst, Fastclick have all be very nice alternatives to Adsense. I do love googles program, however I have found it lacking at times on sites that aren't in the topic of high paying keywords, and sometimes its better to have control over your income.

Well I use Clicksor and i think it is very good this link is a affiliate link http://www.clicksor.com. Contextual advertising is more effective than banner advertising.

Clisksor pays you via paypal or check when you reach $50,

Clicksor just doesn't strike me as a reputable, reliable company/business. Have you received payment from them?

Clicksor just doesn't strike me as a reputable, reliable company/business. Have you received payment from them?

Not yet but i am expecting a payment shortly. I will let you guys know when i do.

How do they pay may I ask? Check? PayPal?

Yet another alternative. This one displays products and services from the CJ and Share A Sale affiliate networks, so if you are a member of either of those networks you can have all the benefits of contextual advertising with the payouts of an affiliate program.

http://www.infograbber.net

CBprosense is a good alternative to explore. It was developed by me and works much like adsense (content targeting wise).

It delivers an rss feed of commission paying ClickBank products (up to 75% per sale) to your page and you have much greater control over the appearance and size/content of the ads.

The program's page address is:
http://www.cbprosense.net

Check it out, i would love to hear some feedback and answer any questions.

Man, I have had adsense for about 4 months and have just now got 100 bux :( :(. Any suggestions??

While there are AdSense alternatives, I would suspect that most of them are used by people who have been kicked out of AdSense, violate the AdSense TOS, or can't get into AdSense for one reason or another. See where I'm headed with this? Google rules as far as payment goes.

While there are AdSense alternatives, I would suspect that most of them are used by people who have been kicked out of AdSense [...] for one reason or another. See where I'm headed with this? Google rules as far as payment goes.

I stumbled across this thread while searching and had to reply :-) I'm looking for a different advertising program, not because I've been kicked out, but because my earnings are falling. Maybe they're still higher than with other networks... maybe not.

Here's my calculations for the last 4 months:

EPI		EPC		EPPv
January		0.001439136		0.259482759		0.000796352
February		0.001312507		0.2325		0.000711951
March		0.001247079		0.1868125		0.000611048
April		0.001043039		0.14557047		0.000610522

NOTE:
EPI = Earnings per impression
EPC = Earnings per click
EPPv = Earnings per page view (taken from my server logs)

OK, so page views have been falling, but so have the earnings per page view. The content of the site hasn't changed over this period, so my only explanation is that Google are paying less.

Are the rest of you seeing this decrease as well? The ads appear on an open source application's site, so it is hard to get targeted ads (most of the Adwords that appear aren't relevant for visitors) because they pick up on related normal-world projects that share the same words... but that's been the same throughout the site's history.

I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Not yet but i am expecting a payment shortly. I will let you guys know when i do.

They are the gr8est CHEATERS, They will never pay.

I hear Yahoo are nearly ready to launch their own google like program

Hi,

Do you know whether I can use both AdSense and FastClick in a website? if yes, give me a link to this website for example pls.

Thanks,

P.S: By the way, how can I edit my signature? there is no menu for editing signature in my control panel :eek:

I hear Yahoo are nearly ready to launch their own google like program

I would highly suggest checking out Chitika's new eMiniMalls. You can use them on a page with adsense, as long as you leave it setup with the default settings. They look great, and have great payout. Many people are reporting better results then adsense.

Hi,

Do you know whether I can use both AdSense and FastClick in a website? if yes, give me a link to this website for example pls.

My website uses both FastClick and AdSense. I'd post a link but I don't know if that'd be spamming or not.

Tiendq, back when you posted, there was a 10 post minimum to have a forum signature. This limitation isn't in effect anymore.

And clarinetalex, you're right ... no site specific talk is permitted here :) Thanks!!

I tried to put adsense on my site and got banned!

I've had some some success with RevenuePilot and Adbrite....but these are mainly 2nd tier programs.

Hi there :)

I have experience with Google AdSense and I am quite pleased. I am just disappointed by the low options and settings and preferences that one might use through their control panel. But the income is great and their stats overview is honest. It just doesn't keep track of paid out sales, so you have to guess the open amount.

My other experience is with Comission Junction (cj.com) which has paid out each time, good support and has that is missing on adsense. They payout in check just like adsense or direct debit for UK/US/CA.

I am not that satisfied for the new versions of browsers block their cookies a lot more then in the past. Even though there is a small growth, I notice I miss a lot of comission just by blocked third party cookies. They don't appear to do something about this but suggest to inform the users to accept the cookies.

I am please with both and they pay out proper and no issues so far. I'd recommend them.

Hello friend,

I am a newbie in internet marketing.

How to get traffic to our sites with google adsense ads? What steps you've taken to get traffic to your adsense sites?

I seek your kind and valuable suggestoins.

Thank you.

I would recomend Click Share. I've used them only for 2 months and im realy satisfied from the results.

I would recomend Click Share. I've used them only for 2 months and im realy satisfied from the results.

i'd recommend them too, for the 3 months i've been using them i haven't had any problems. i just received my payment

Hello friend,

I am a newbie in internet marketing.

How to get traffic to our sites with google adsense ads? What steps you've taken to get traffic to your adsense sites?

I seek your kind and valuable suggestoins.

Thank you.

You're not going to get any traffic to your site by using AdSense ads. AdSense ads are used to make you money once you already have traffic on your site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.