Hello, I need some suggestions about ecommerce store
i have a client he is currently using ashop commerce, please suggest any better shopping cart
main area to focus is - easy to use (design, backend management)
cost effective, good reviews, secure, bandwidth,managing customer, bill data, reports and provide many more things not in my mind at the moment
thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

"...easy to use, cost effective, good reviews, secure..."

Well, I myself considered a number of platforms and decided on CS-Cart. It's a good combination of price and quality and has all the necessary features

There is no best. A proper online shopping cart for your business is the most important. Good luck...

I have a digital downloads store running on OScommerce and love it. Out of the box it's crap for SEO and downloads, but with a few mods it does the job very well.

Not sure exactly what you need, but might be one to look in to.

It's quite hard to tel which store builder is "best" since it may depend on your exact needs. What are the cons of ashop, in your opinion?

My own ecommerce software choice is X-Cart. Their new version, 4.2, is filled with many decent features. Perhaps you might look at their demo and see if it will work for you.

You can also check with zencart which is improve version of OSC and it is easy to customize.

If you are interested in Zen Cart, you might want to have a look at ZenMagick

ZenMagick is a zen-cart add-on that includes:
1) An object-oriented API to access the zen-cart database (anywhere in your code).
Example:

$product = ZMProducts::instance()->getProductForId(3); 
 echo $product->getName();

2) An alternative templating system
Building on the API, the template files are a lot simpler that their zen-cart counterparts. The code is (also) object-oriented and includes a fill MVC stack. Also includes are:
- a (form) validation subsystem
- plugins
- support for many popular zen-cart mods (IH2, etc)

There are also unique ZenMagick features like:
- checkout without registering
- support for OpenID
- page caching
- Support for Smarty templates

ZenMagick is licensed under the GPL.

Cheers, mano
(disclousure: I am the main developer of ZenMagick)

Have you looked into Interspire shopping cart (link is in my sig)? They may work best for your client. Good luck.

yea, i been thinking about buying interspire, kinda turned off that i posted that i was thinking about buying it on there forum but i found a bug that i needed to be fixed before i bought. Well my thread got removed.

Software does me no good if the shipping modal i use usps for international orders quotes 256.00 for a package that should be 44.50

holly spam

I think any cart that makes you sign up to see the demo is fishy. Looks like lots of features but i am to lazy to sign up to demo it. If i do sign up are you going to sell my name to a spam list?

Just use a throwaway email address and it won't matter :)

interspire is kinda good.but my friend uses zeuscart.

You can try cs-cart - it's quite simple. If you need to move fm oscommerce you can try web service cart2cart. It automates the migration process http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com

Hi,
I'm also looking for the current E Commerce software which do every thing for me, If anyone know guide me thanks!

It's quite hard to tel which store builder is "best" since it may depend on your exact needs. What are the cons of ashop, in your opinion?

My own ecommerce software choice is X-Cart. Their new version, 4.2, is filled with many decent features. Perhaps you might look at their demo and see if it will work for you.

try inspire or magento just thought i throw that out there

Michael75065

If you want a solid cart that is PCI compliant and has a good forum community behind it, try AspDotNetStorefront or AbleCommerce.

i just know oscommerce and zencart,but if you want to use it,you also should know someting about php, div+css.

Joomla is also one of the best open source e-commerce system. It is very much SEO friendly. Easy to use admin. Easy customizable template. It fullfill all your e-commerce needs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.