Hey guys
Can you name me some promotional techniques for advertising an e-commerce site.

I know there's posters and tv advertisements but thats normally for actual stores not online sites.

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Online stores can advertise on TV, but it is not as easy to measure the results with a TV ad as it is with Internet ads.

true
I thought of some:

affiliate marketing
swapping links
and cost per click advertising such as Google Adwords

commented: Agreed. +0

1. Get your site.
Search for the best Internet directories and that your site exists. This is the simplest and most effective free website promotion tactic website. Start with this step and the rest of the good things will follow.
Just do not forget to prepare your website and everyone a better chance to spruce accepted in the directory of your choice.

2. Know your forums.
One reason why forums are created to promote free website for all. Log in, post actively, let them know about your site in each position and attract instant visitors.

3. Write a press release.
Their prowess and start writing a press release announcing your site! This is a free website promotion tactic that you can do at any time. Write a short paragraph or two and email it to your friends, colleagues, internet e-zines, newspapers and other media and massive traffic will come soon!

4. Be kind online.
Free website promotion means you need to be friends with other webmasters. Why you ask? Thus, they can link immediately! Establish contacts and never tire of requests and exchanges.

5. Write an article.
Suppose your site is on your travel agency. Write an article about the benefits of traveling or the hottest travel around the world. In the last paragraph, mention your website in passing. This article works as an advertorial and doubles as a free website promotion approach.

6. Let everyone know about your site.
What site is free, without the promotion by word of mouth? enter your website, its URL and features conversations and let the good news spread from one mouth to another!

7. Make a banner ad.
Make a banner for your site and ask any other webmaster to do the same for your site. Then swap!

8. Take a free online promotion of websites.
Yes, there is promotion of free website tutorials. But you do not know, you can take a free promotional website to help you follow? Part of promotion is free to register on the website or newsletters.
When you make a website, you need not pay anything to promote it. Just read - is there such a thing as promoting free website!

The most popular way to advertise your online business is through PPC/CPC marketing. then affiliate marketing is an excellent vehicle to advertise your e-commerce site.A good way to get your online business noticed is by placing a link to your web site on supplier and distributors web sites. We've all heard about Facebook, MySpace, Bebo and other community web sites. These are collectively defined as part of Web 2.0, a generic way of describing an evolution in the way the Internet is used.

Hello! Here are some of my tips:

1. Forum Signature
2. Article Submission
3. Directory Submission
4. Press Release
5. Blog Commenting

I hope it will help you promoting your website.

There are many ways to market the e-commerce website. Below are some ways to advertise.

1. Advertise on Craigslist.org . Your post will remain active for only 10 days and you must submit to one city and category at a time. Also, you can include photos and/or advanced HTML in your ad.

2. Write a press release and publish it for free to the top press release site like prweb.com, prfree.com and openpress.com . If you are ready to pay then paid submissions will get you more views, listings in the search engines in very less time, and the access to post photos and keep track of your stats.

3. Submit your site[s] to the top most web directories. Directorycritic.com, directoryrecap.com contains the list of web directories.

4. Search engine position is very important for an eCommerce site. While advertising follow the following points: 1. Your Web site title. This should be approximately 7-12 words. 2. Description. Have 3 different descriptions of varying lengths. 15 words, 25 words, 100 words. 3. Keywords. 10 – 50 of your most important keywords arranged in order of importance. Again, some online directories will allow you to contribute more keywords than others.

5.Write articles on your products & service you provide. Be an online expert. What makes your site so unique from the thousands of others in your chosen category? Is it your customized service? Your low prices? Your high quality? Don’t over promote your product, but concentrate on what will help others. It’s highly recommended you include at least two or three testimonials.

6.Exchange links with other sites that have quality information & PR and are related to your field in some way. For example, I sell a lot of soap so I link with mostly gift basket, crafting and candle sites.

7.Free classifieds. These can sometimes get you listed in the search engines, but don’t expect too much response from them.

8.Offer a freebie. For example, if you have an eBook for sale, you won’t give the entire book away, but having a chapter or two online will increase interest – and sales. If you make or sell a product, offer a free sample with a paid order. Or free shipping on sales over a certain amount.

Go thru these techniques, sit back and watch your business growing.

I put in another vote for writing and submitting articles, least to get the back links.

Another one that might sound odd is rss. I hooked up a rss feed to my e-comm site and it's done wonders. You could submit the feed to rss directories. There are many social sites you can add your feed. It also gives you some nice deeper links, like to product pages. Worked for me.

Adwords and Yahoo PPC would be great to start with, as traffic is instant, but a lil costly. If money is a problem, you can build SEO links, and work on article marketing.

if it is real Store that handle serious activity of usual store,you need also advertising character like offline store does.at start ,publishing press release could be started and giving a contest is the second and after that cooperate with affiliate store like linkshare could be considered alternative to make Offline store go ONLINE

Hey guys

Latest Articles PLR Ebooks {removed link}

Hey guys
Can you name me some promotional techniques ... ideas?

OOOH boy. The more I read my own salivations, the more I hate it but now listen to this all anyway. This response is a little bit lengthy I know but I already lost an hour's writing tonight and I'm tired but I still wanted you to walk away from this with a somewhat clear head. I assure you that this is a momentous speech, expect that some of my blurb may sound a bit insane. Try to remember that I'm an artist preferably.

Now, listen to this xLady, there exists this thing in Internet Marketing called search engine optimization (SEO).

That's where you beat your search engine results pages (SERP) keyphrase competitors in the organic SERPs (that's not the sponsored advertisers or PPC or all those Nonsense Ads on everybody’s pages nowadays or some of those completely and outrageously (consumer) exploitative Pay-per-Click games you see flying around or those bloody b….

No. SEO is none of that crap. SEO skills can easily evolve from hanging around search engine optimization people, don’t need much training really. It’s practically do-it-yourself already.

Get introduced to the power of a uniquely crafted and well-optimized web page content.

There's tons and tons of SEOers out there right now! They all do all kinds of wonderful stuff. But remember, basic SEO is usually at a hands-on level. It can be tedious and monotonous rewriting someone else’s image alt attributes or even better, you could end up with that amazingly intoxicating joy of renaming someone else’s robotic image naming convention ... that’s a blast, bring a fatty for that one.

Start realistically though, go for the 10,000 a month search frequency keyphrases ranges. After a while, when you are comfortable that you are playing amongst the top players, go through a significant morph and start looking at the 100,000 ranged ones that are still very much industry specific, or even start beyond those numbers.

Think of Ethical SEO, White Hat SEO, that's the safe way to go and as you get better at Ethical SEO, you get better at it..,

But listen. Seriously. There are four types of search engine optimizers. Pick your favourite one out of this pile.

!. White Hat SEOs: They are the kings of ranking webpages highly in competitive SERPs while adherent explicitly to the search engine guidelines (in spite of their bad suggestions sometimes).
2. Green Hat SEOs. Those are the newbies and have been illuminated in finding natural ranking web pages.
3. Black Hat SEOs. Anyone who manipulates the search engines by going against the Quality content guidelines which includes, but is not limited to, most link building schemers; as their link dumping efforts are intended solely to artificially increase the importance of their web page content by ammassing links per volume, relevancy or credibilty. Rather that craft important, unique content, incoming liniing strategists make it appear as if their content is important because of their content-external efforts to manipulate the search engine, agreeably.

Listen. Craft lots of good stuff; and regularlly. Uniquely important content. Try that for a while. Learn stuff like how to incorporate an important, self-servicing blog and you can show your stuff to the world as you go or hide whatever ...

Then, after you've master optimizing web page copy, learn more about all the optimizable web page compenents and ways to emphasize importrant phrases.

Just keep asking questions. You'll figue this all out.

...the basic on-site SEO stuff. Go with that for a while ... stay clean: don't look for easy help .. make your presense know then knock'em down one-by-one, just go for it, with peace of mnd too ... to your Internet Dreams if your want ... Play fair, attain status and evolve.

(I think I’ve edited this 65,095 times. That’s it)

OOOH boy. The more I read my own salivations, the more I hate it but now listen to this all anyway. This response is a little bit lengthy I know but I already lost an hour's writing tonight and I'm tired but I still wanted you to walk away from this with a somewhat clear head. I assure you that this is a momentous speech, expect that some of my blurb may sound a bit insane. Try to remember that I'm an artist preferably.

Now, listen to this xLady, there exists this thing in Internet Marketing called search engine optimization (SEO).

That's where you beat your search engine results pages (SERP) keyphrase competitors in the organic SERPs (that's not the sponsored advertisers or PPC or all those Nonsense Ads on everybody’s pages nowadays or some of those completely and outrageously (consumer) exploitative Pay-per-Click games you see flying around or those bloody b….

No. SEO is none of that crap. SEO skills can easily evolve from hanging around search engine optimization people, don’t need much training really. It’s practically do-it-yourself already.

Get introduced to the power of a uniquely crafted and well-optimized web page content.

There's tons and tons of SEOers out there right now! They all do all kinds of wonderful stuff. But remember, basic SEO is usually at a hands-on level. It can be tedious and monotonous rewriting someone else’s image alt attributes or even better, you could end up with that amazingly intoxicating joy of renaming someone else’s robotic image naming convention ... that’s a blast, bring a fatty for that one.

Start realistically though, go for the 10,000 a month search frequency keyphrases ranges. After a while, when you are comfortable that you are playing amongst the top players, go through a significant morph and start looking at the 100,000 ranged ones that are still very much industry specific, or even start beyond those numbers.

Think of Ethical SEO, White Hat SEO, that's the safe way to go and as you get better at Ethical SEO, you get better at it..,

But listen. Seriously. There are four types of search engine optimizers. Pick your favourite one out of this pile.

!. White Hat SEOs: They are the kings of ranking webpages highly in competitive SERPs while adherent explicitly to the search engine guidelines (in spite of their bad suggestions sometimes).
2. Green Hat SEOs. Those are the newbies and have been illuminated in finding natural ranking web pages.
3. Black Hat SEOs. Anyone who manipulates the search engines by going against the Quality content guidelines which includes, but is not limited to, most link building schemers; as their link dumping efforts are intended solely to artificially increase the importance of their web page content by ammassing links per volume, relevancy or credibilty. Rather that craft important, unique content, incoming liniing strategists make it appear as if their content is important because of their content-external efforts to manipulate the search engine, agreeably.

Listen. Craft lots of good stuff; and regularlly. Uniquely important content. Try that for a while. Learn stuff like how to incorporate an important, self-servicing blog and you can show your stuff to the world as you go or hide whatever ...

Then, after you've master optimizing web page copy, learn more about all the optimizable web page compenents and ways to emphasize importrant phrases.

Just keep asking questions. You'll figue this all out.

...the basic on-site SEO stuff. Go with that for a while ... stay clean: don't look for easy help .. make your presense know then knock'em down one-by-one, just go for it, with peace of mnd too ... to your Internet Dreams if your want ... Play fair, attain status and evolve.

(I think I’ve edited this 65,095 times. That’s it)

Fred, you forgot to direct this lady to the SEO forum here at DaniWeb. But as your answere was quite comprehensive in so many other ways, I will come in and make the one pitch save of the win for you.

xLady, go to the Search Engine Optimization forum at DaniWeb for a great start to your SEO education from the smart guys like Fred.

The best technique to promote your web sites and e commerce activities are Search engine optimization services like blog posting, blog commenting and social bookmarking etc

Hey guys

I know there's posters and tv advertisements but thats normally for actual stores not online sites.

Any ideas?

Out of curiosity, what answers did you find the most helpful? I only ask because the thread is marked solved and there were a variety of responses. Many times when threads are marked solved it is never clear what info helped the most. Let us know if you can.

Nowadays internet marketing is only the best way or startegy to promote any kind of business products online. Nowadays many people like to use this kind of effective strategy which is always beneficial and profitable for all businessman to grow up through getting more traffic on business site.

SEO is basic need for advertising your Website over Interent like :

Quality Backlinks which need less time to be Accepted
Article Submissions write Quality Articles which drive Customer Base over your website
Social Marketing: Social Marketing is a need Now a Days because many people likes to go Social over Internet
E-Mail Marketing : Give Discount Coupons and info on New Products to yuor customer base.
Forum Posting : be a part of High PR forums but don't spam there.
Google ads : give some ads on google so can Internet Users can know about you!!

Press relaease(help to increase brand value)
Article (help to increase brand value)
Banner exchange with other semi-popular ecommerce site(help to increase brand value and business)
Seo(help to increase business)
Guest posting (help to increase business)

1) Fb Advertising
2) Google adwords
3) Email marketing
4) Forum discussion
5) Directory submission

All i know is be orginal and be creative in producing your content. Orginal content that is rich in information, interesting and influence your customers to interact with you, purchase from you and maintain it relationship is the best way for advertising your ecommerce site.
The second technique i would like to recommed is Email-marketing as it is the most effective way to reach out your customers and that also helps in building trust of customers.

Informative product descriptions for customers and search engines
Remarketing
Email Marketing
Make your checkout process easier
Build a app.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.