Could anyone provide insight into at what price point you would stop selling through an e-commerce site and move to a face to face, consultative sales model? I have a client who is eager to have an e-commerce offering but I am pretty certain their price points or their business model for implementing their products is conducive to an e-commerce application.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Could anyone provide insight into at what price point you would stop selling through an e-commerce site and move to a face to face, consultative sales model? I have a client who is eager to have an e-commerce offering but I am pretty certain their price points or their business model for implementing their products is conducive to an e-commerce application.

Good question. I think it mostly depends on the product or service and target audience. Would the client be selling a high-priced tangible item or are they looking to promote a service?

There's no reason they couldn't do both. But if your gut is telling you that they are probably not going to convert many online sales, than it might be better to just go with an online application. Maybe also look at what their competitors are doing?

I guess it would depend on what your selling and if people find value in the product and they can see the value just from what is shown on the net. Depending on the product or service it would determine if its worth a try. My personal opinion is you try to sell everything through as many channels as you can.

I had a feeling it would be a case of the what is being sold and to whom, I just wanted to get some input from neutral parties. Thanks.

Right, I do think it all depends on what products you want to sell online. If only they are reasonable, they would be acceptable. As all known that we could be anything online, from house to nails. :)

Thanks to all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.