I am just curious because I have PPC campaigns running in Google as well as Yahoo and I was wondering what some people feel makes one program better than the others. I do not see much of a difference but my use for PPC is more about increasing site traffic and not tied to ROI goals defined in dollars.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

If your goal is just to increase your site traffic I think you should optimize your site for targeted keywords because it will help you to appears your website naturally in Google search results. Also optimize your site with social media sites which will help you to get links, attention and good amounts of traffic.

If your goal is just to increase your site traffic I think you should optimize your site for targeted keywords because it will help you to appears your website naturally in Google search results. Also optimize your site with social media sites which will help you to get links, attention and good amounts of traffic.

I am using PPC for my clients for targeted promotions (already using SEO and social media sites for increased traffic). Thanks for the input.

Of course, Google PPC is the best.

Facebook demographic marketing would be something that I have used, but I got a feeling the CTR is very low. It may be better converting though.

In terms of PPC campaigns for business to business products I do not even consider Facebook as I think that the PPC opportunities their are for products geared towards the under 18 demographic that is more likely to join fan pages for products.

In PPC campaigns, the sponsored links are viewed by people as being a form of ‘advertising and the ranking disappear as soon as you stop paying, this could be considered as major disadvantage of PPC campaign either it is Google Adword or Facebook.

If you are just considering increasing traffic, media buys may be the way to go if your budget is in the high 4 digits. (targeted media buying)
Another option is CPA - not as a publisher, but as an advertiser.

My clients who are using the PPC campaigns to increase site traffic are really just looking to find more customers for their offerings and not for any SEO boosts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.