https://checkout.google.com/seller/policies.html

Does anyone follow their "Google Checkout Branding and Acceptance Logo Guidelines"?

I have yet to see one site that has their official acceptance logo on it. However, this is a pre-requisite of participation - if you don't use their official logo, aren't you afraid of losing your account?

Any use of the Google Checkout product name, logo, buttons, or associated imagery not explicitly authorized in this section is strictly prohibited.

Do not position or present Google Checkout as a form of payment equivalent to Visa, MasterCard, etc.

I've seen both of these rules broken on pretty much every single site.

Don't you feel it undermines them as a serious payment processor if they are not consistent in their policy application?

Further, in applying their logo to my site, it doesn't work well with layered divs in IE6 - it flies to the middle of the page which makes it very browser unfriendly. Works fine in Chrome, Firefox.

Any thoughts?

Further, has anyone had bad experiences with them closing a merchant's account without explanation and/or losing orders/funds?

I read some other posts by people about this and am sort of looking for some statistical information about it. I get the impression that they probably were people who did something wrong or had questionable practices, but I want to get some more opinions on that matter.

https://checkout.google.com/seller/policies.html

Does anyone follow their "Google Checkout Branding and Acceptance Logo Guidelines"?

I have yet to see one site that has their official acceptance logo on it. However, this is a pre-requisite of participation - if you don't use their official logo, aren't you afraid of losing your account?

Any use of the Google Checkout product name, logo, buttons, or associated imagery not explicitly authorized in this section is strictly prohibited.

Do not position or present Google Checkout as a form of payment equivalent to Visa, MasterCard, etc.

I've seen both of these rules broken on pretty much every single site.

Don't you feel it undermines them as a serious payment processor if they are not consistent in their policy application?

Further, in applying their logo to my site, it doesn't work well with layered divs in IE6 - it flies to the middle of the page which makes it very browser unfriendly. Works fine in Chrome, Firefox.

Any thoughts?

Further, has anyone had bad experiences with them closing a merchant's account without explanation and/or losing orders/funds?

I read some other posts by people about this and am sort of looking for some statistical information about it. I get the impression that they probably were people who did something wrong or had questionable practices, but I want to get some more opinions on that matter.

yea, i've googled "google checkout" b4, contrast to paypal payment: it did look likes that google checkout doesnt fit for personal sites, maybe on some free or extended platform, like bigcartel, shoplify, etc, u can think of using google checkcout as payment. though the charge fee somewhat not higher than the paypal, but i think it's more troublesome and confused that u've to drop out your money from google adsense accout. ><

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.