I am building out an e-commerce site Billy.com but I am having difficulty getting all of my pages indexed. I throw lots of links at it and use sitemaps but it's taking forever!! I'm really perplexed, please help.

Check out our movers page, I think we are well formatted but nothing, not full indexation like we would like!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am building out an e-commerce site Billy.com but I am having difficulty getting all of my pages indexed. I throw lots of links at it and use sitemaps but it's taking forever!! I'm really perplexed, please help.

Check out our movers page, I think we are well formatted but nothing, not full indexation like we would like!

As on date 04-Dec-10, 900+ pages are indexed in Google. Sitemap.xml is also available and assume that your sitemap is submitted in search engines.

Not full indexation...
I reviewed your example page "mover" and noticed that page has lot of in-line CSS validations and Java scripting. Use common CSS file and replace with in-line CSS validations.
Create external Java Include files (.js file), call them externally and replace with current in-line Java scripting.

what is the best way to index your page in google?

If you can add your site in any PR5+ theme related site (Do Follow Link) then Google will index your site with in 48 hours. But in that case your site should not have any broken link and should be running properly. You can also submit your site into webmaster tools and after adding a Sitemap Google will index your site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.