Hi All members,

I am new in Internet Marketing. This is the first time when came to know internet marketing is run through websites what we are promoting. I know well ranking and traffic over search engines are different things. I don't fight for ranking but yes traffic is compulsory.

I have two sites: <snipped URL>

What strategies i should use to increase my sales and traffic over Search Engines?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Mark Thomas

Recommended Answers

All 53 Replies

Hi Mark,

After 2 years with my own online shop and a couple of years before that with eBay, I use SEO techniques and write lots of articles! My site has a Page Rank of 3 and Google picks up my keywords on the first page.

Try outsourcing if you don't have the time to do it yourself. I use www.getafreelancer.com for all of my projects.

Hope that helps

how can i start.thank u

Not quite sure what you mean. How do you start what? Do you mean an Internet business or do you mean SEO techniques?

Cheers

I think is saying about SEO strategies to get traffic thru search engines. If so, you can hire an SEO Expert or any seo services they can help you better. If you are thinking doing the seo ur self then its going to take lots of time to get your site higher in search engines, but am sure its will give best to you.

I think the first thing you should do its find one learning product and stick with it till you aree making money online

Forex trade is a good market and when you get the right broker on your side, it is a plus point. My brother is involved in the forex market and he deals with quite a few so I don’t really know which ones he is onto. But, he takes the forex brokers from an online list where they can be sorted according to their country and trading platform. I hope that you will get considerable help from this list.
Happy Trading

Forex Broker Reviews

When it comes to internet marketing you need to stop thinking and get your work started as there is loads of work that you need to do to get the desired results. If you are planning to do it all by yourself then you need to start generating good backlinks to your website, increase your website's online visibility. Start forum posting related to your websites and article submissions along with social networking are some the the things that you need to to a lot. If not you can simply hire any of the experts for doing all this

i think Pay Per click and link exchange is best way.

I really think that you should go for link building. Just get some backlinks first by doing article directory submissions, web directory, forum postings, social bookmarking & social networking, link exchange with relevance sites & blog comments, etc. Once your backlinks are increased then you don't need to find customers. Customers will come to you walking.
So Chill..... and start working on it now.
Best Luck!

Your best bet is to start with web directories,Then link building,free classifieds,blog commenting, and article writing.

I really think that you should go for link building. Just get some backlinks first by doing article directory submissions, web directory, forum postings, social bookmarking & social networking, link exchange with relevance sites & blog comments, etc. Once your backlinks are increased then you don't need to find customers. Customers will come to you walking.
So Chill..... and start working on it now.
Best Luck!

Do you think that social networking and forum postings is enough for the first year or so? Or should you really opt to do all seven of those suggestions?

Also, do you say that you won't need to find customers because you have enough traffic?

Do you think that social networking and forum postings is enough for the first year or so? Or should you really opt to do all seven of those suggestions?

Also, do you say that you won't need to find customers because you have enough traffic?

The more you do its better for your website. ;)

No, i don't think that only social networking and forum posting is enough for 1st year to get backlinks, that's why i have suggested other methods.

And yes, if you are getting enough traffic to your site, why not you will get the customers?

Great suggestions. I would be careful about directory submissions though. I've read that Google is getting stricter on which ones it indexes, because too many them are just used for link juice.

Also, i think instead of submitting site to search engines directly, why not to do it in natural way?

Nowadays people are doing the things in natural way, just getting 2-4 one way links , submitting to social bookmarking site like digg could make the search engines to crawl our site.

What do you think?

Compare and Review hundreds of Online forex brokers on one FREE site! The original Forex Broker Guide offers comparison tables to compare an exhaustive database of Online Forex Brokers over 22 comparison categories. Rate and Review your current Forex Broker to assist our online currency trading community. No matter what your trading style, we can help you find the best trading terms and the best Forex Broker for your currency trading needs. Discover the Best Forex Broker today.
Do this, it 100% free:

1. Go to Clickbank.com and get an account. Once you have an account, browse through the marketplace for some products that you like. Try to choose ones that have high gravity and decent commission payouts.

2. Once you have a product you'd like to promote, go to blogger.com. Get a blog and set it up with the title of your blog being as close to the name of the product that you will be promoting.

3. Start making some posts about the product. You can "review" it or just write in detail about what the product is and what problem it will solve.

Forex Reviews

Also, i think instead of submitting site to search engines directly, why not to do it in natural way?

Nowadays people are doing the things in natural way, just getting 2-4 one way links , submitting to social bookmarking site like digg could make the search engines to crawl our site.

What do you think?

Are you saying that submitting to Digg to get a backlink is natural? Wouldn't natural mean that someone else submits your page to Digg?

Thanks :) to all the members for making this thread useful and easy to understand for the newbies in SEO.

Are you saying that submitting to Digg to get a backlink is natural? Wouldn't natural mean that someone else submits your page to Digg?

You are absolutely right friend, but before getting the site submitted by anyone else, someone should know that your site exists.

That's why i am saying that you should submit it, so that viewers will know more about your site. And if they find your site cool and informative they will definitely recommend it to others and may be they will do marketing in social sites by subscribing your feeds.

hello there. submit your website to social bookmarking sites such as stumbleupon. i think that helps a little.

Link building is really a painstaking task but ya know? its all worth it. i think its a good idea what rob is suggesting.

Thanks jen. Its very true that Link building is a painstaking task, but its the most effective way for the website visibility and in search results. Social site can increase the traffic but backlinks genuinely helps to increase website PR.

After 2 years with my own online shop and a couple of years before that with eBay, I use SEO techniques and write lots of articles! My site has a Page Rank of 3 and Google picks up my keywords on the first page.

You mean articles that you submit to article directories? Do you mind sharing which ones in particular you use?

This is the next step for me, with my own seo plan. I'm going to submit articles to ezines, writing on various topics related to my site, and then hope for the best.

You mean articles that you submit to article directories? Do you mind sharing which ones in particular you use?

This is the next step for me, with my own seo plan. I'm going to submit articles to ezines, writing on various topics related to my site, and then hope for the best.

Submitting articles to quality directory sites like ezine, goarticles, articlebase, articledashboard would be a good start. just make sure the keywords you are using are the top targeted keywords and with unique content. If you are choosing the right keywords you don't have to worry about the results. It will show the good results for sure.

Hi newbies.... well, first thing you should know about ONLINE MARKETING is of course it's nature...:D Online marketing is too broad... that is why it is too hard to understand it deeply in just one sitting! try to click my this link...ONLINE MARKETING GURU It will lead to you to a site that would give a brief overview on online marketing!

You could first try, creating a good blog and then advertise that blog into other blogs and forums that would help a lot.

Here's a good site that gives you ten tips on improving your blogs

Hey Janer,
The article has really impressive tips. But i don't agree with the email marketing services. I think its just a waste of money.

I think the best source of internet marketing is blogs....agreed?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.