I'm curious if anyone has any experience using a paid service to help get the word out there about a new business (in particular a new website). As an unfunded site it's hard to get any major coverage for our site and I was curious if anyone had experience with any paid services (not PPC - but actual marketing / buzz generation)?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I hired someone in-house to do this, and primarily this ended up being for SEO work.
Would you also consider doing marketing in-house?
I am interested in this topic also - good question.

We don't really have an in-house to bring someone into. We are a self funded team of 2 developers who have built a site. We don't have funds to bring on someone full time or really even part time (unless they'd work for equity).

So to directly answer the question, no...

There are people you can pay to blog post for you (in a high quality blog).
Do you need offline buzz?

i've paid for Press Releases with PR Web. It's not going to bring you huge traffic but it will definitely help get the word out. Their press releases are often picked up by third-party aggregators and will certainly make their way into the Search Engines.

Also - you might want to try making waves in the big Social Media Networks like Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Establish yourself in the community (aka your relevant industry) and .. well.. network. All it takes is time and steady/honest participation.

That's the approach I've been taking, just seems really hard to get noticed. I'll keep at it.

i've paid for Press Releases with PR Web. It's not going to bring you huge traffic but it will definitely help get the word out. Their press releases are often picked up by third-party aggregators and will certainly make their way into the Search Engines.

Also - you might want to try making waves in the big Social Media Networks like Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Establish yourself in the community (aka your relevant industry) and .. well.. network. All it takes is time and steady/honest participation.

If you are not good at marketing your website, then outsourcing may be the solution. Instead of learning how to write articles, social media, viral marketing, video marketing and the list goes on, you can spend your time working on your product or content and have someone else do the marketing.

Such work can always end up with seo work, you can hire some one to do seo work for you.

Online marketing and SEO will work for you

I think that it makes sense to outsource non-core processes since many pre-sales and marketing tasks can be done better by professionals while we retain our core competency of product development and sales. Being a startup company owner, I can attest to the fact that I found it hard trying to do development, marketing, sales and administration all at once. Hence I outsourced pre-sales and many marketing tasks to a professional Virtual Assistant whom I screened carefully. I am happy and I should say as I have read in many posts online that you gotta be lucky to find a good VA. Not all VA’s turn out to be good.

I also looked at some tutorials on how to hire a good VA. One of them I looked was at Proresource’s tutorial on VA. They have lot of templates some of which are free. I used some of the templates to outsource to Virtual Assistants. Take a look at proresource.com/help-without-hiring-toolkit.html. I just checked their website while jotting this down and noted that now they have around 50+ templates, checklists and worksheets that make it easier for business owners to outsource work to virtual assistants and freelancers. They also offer templates free. I just noticed that this week’s template is “What Makes a Good First Project”. I think it will be apt for your requirements. You can check this or there are professional VA associations which also give you some good resources to help you outsource work to a VA.

i sometimes use elance.com for article writing ..they are good and reputed

We have an outsourced SEO, web developer & writers and so far they bring good results. We save a lot than to hire a contract/company web workers. They've been with us for more than 2years.

Outsource website Development Company is an IT based outsourcing company which provides professional website designing and development services to corporate business and professional organization. Outsource website development of India deliver services at optimal cost to clients all over the world.

The features provided Outsource website development open source applications are a tremendous learning resource for Outsource PHP and MySQL Website Developers.

Our business-driven approach separates us from typical web design companies. For the past ten years, we have built a reputation for creating an unparalleled return on investment for our clients. If you are serious about your web design and Internet marketing success, we can get you there.

We are having highly experienced professionals and serve client s all over the world especially countries like, Australia, Europe, UK, USA, Canada and middle east countries.

Outsource web developers also offer a wide range of website optimization services designed to improve the appearance web based application, download speed and usability of new and existing web sites

The services offered by outsourcing website are:
1. Outsource web design and web development
2. Outsource Web Hosting
3. Outsource Flash Animation Design
4. Outsource Logo Design
5. Outsource Banner Design
6. Outsource PHP and MySQL Website Development
7. Outsource Joomla (CMS) Website Development
8. Outsource off shore web services

The company goals are mainly pointing towards the success of clients’ project. We deliver projects in time, with good quality and features and client satisfaction.

Please Visit Us:
http://www.outsource-website-development.com
http://www.outsource-website-design.com

Outsourcing Marketing refers to the delegation of the task of marketing and other marketing-related work of an outside agency instead of the department of the company. In recent years, these initiatives have resulted in lower costs of staff salaries and other expenses for recruitment in other countries where wages and other staff costs are comparatively much lower. Outsourcing gained much popularity in the last decade of last century.

Outsourcing allows a company to put more focus on product development and overall operations.It involves outsider company for doing the work.from which you can get specialized skill and expertise.It is a good way to earn more profit.

Outsourced marketing is the practice of contracting an organization’s marketing functions to an outside firm. Both strategic and operational functions can be, and often are, delegated to a third-party marketing partner, which has the specialized expertise, tools and professional staff to provide a complete suite of marketing services.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.