Hello there....... what about get links from social bookmarking?

I have already tons of directory (done them by myself) but I have not yet a social bookmarking exposure.... so in order to diversificate..... I'm thinking to purchase some kg of social :-)

Basically I was thinking to pay a company (not so much) to make manually some social bookmarking for me...it is a good idea?
It will positively affect my pr and serp and visits?
Any bad things can happen?

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

I doubt it would be a bad thing for your web site; however, it probably won't create a dramatic boost in terms of PR and traffic. If you sign up on many social bookmarking sites and book mark your site on all of them, you might get a little extra traffic. But don't expect much more than what you are already getting from directory submission.

If you sign up on many social bookmarking sites and book mark your site on all of them, you might get a little extra traffic. But don't expect much more than what you are already getting from directory submission .

This is the point they will bookmark with their own account / accounts my web... I will not joint 100 social!! jezz... is not for me... I'm quite a no social :-)

I only joined to stumble because I loved their way to put things... and it will be theone.

I'm already into dir and into some forums (more nice and funny and less boring then submission).
Forums will increase accordingly to my niche soon will be quite enough for a single man!

I think social bookmarking would help you much in your SERP but not PR for so many Social bokmarking site have nofollow their outbound links, thus no values for your PR.

I think social bookmarking would help you much in your SERP but not PR for so many Social bokmarking site have nofollow their outbound links, thus no values for your PR.

Sure thing, they stated that will gave me a good report of the works done, beside that all the link should be 'dofollow'..........

I'm going to pay them and do the job after 8/1 and we will see if will work... it will takes time.

Yes, you can drive traffic to your site but also make sure you got great content to satisfy the interest level of your visitors so you can assure a higher conversion rate.

Thanks.... I think I have already have quie good contents but of course have to keep doing !!

- more photos
- more myblog new post
- more promo

Yeah, I haven't had a huge amount of luck with social bookmarking. Not sure why exactly. Thoughts?

you can get many seo friendly backlinks to your website

you can get many seo friendly backlinks to your website

It is my understanding that links from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Digg are No Follow. Can you specify how exactly one obtains "seo friendly" citations using social networks?

It is my understanding that links from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Digg are No Follow. Can you specify how exactly one obtains "seo friendly" citations using social networks?

This will be nice to know more about... also I feel social links not so clear. Probably more then the link is the social effect, viral effect, friends of friends...

Basically I know you can have good link from good site and good directory. Al the rest is quite useless... I do not see big results from all the directories that have listed me.

regards......

I would suggest you submit it to top do-follow bookmarking sites, it is time consuming to submit it to all since they are many and most of them is useless. :) Just an advice.

Also, do remember that these links on social media do have a short shelf life, thus, you need to constantly put your link in ways that wont be seen as self promoting or violating the community rules.

I would suggest you submit it to top do-follow bookmarking sites, it is time consuming to submit it to all since they are many and most of them is useless. :) Just an advice.

I'm going to do that... I find out a nice service they will do for me for a nice price, will see the results...

Ok finally I got listed and bookmarked in 250 social networks for a good price... the indian guys did the job and send me a detailed reports that I checked.

I hope will help my web, we will see...

I see no problem in you bookmarking your site to social networks. Yes, you can hire someone to do it. But it is something so easy that you can do it yourself and save the money.

But it also depends also how much bookmarking is done - I think bookmarking can be easy but what is difficult is motivating visitors to actually click to the link and then make recommending the link to others.

I see no problem in you bookmarking your site to social networks. Yes, you can hire someone to do it. But it is something so easy that you can do it yourself and save the money.

I already did, sure thing i can save some money.... but i prefer invest my time doing others websites :-) and get paid.... more fun to me!

Actually was just a test... now will see or not results...

Traffic from Social Bookmarking is always Unique and best! You need to have something on site for everybody to make them stick to your site and come back again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.