I am new to all of this but received an e-mail from a friend who tried this viral marketing. I am interested in others feedback about this type of marketing. I'm posting the link below so you can see exactly what I'm talking about. I'd love some input. Thanks!

<< url snipped >>

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Just like any other marketing method, it works for those who use it effectively.

I think his "viral" marketing method is spamming forums with a pretend question about viral marketing.

It's one small step above the usual "viral" marketing of "LOL OMG I found this kewl site", but that's not saying much.

I think his "viral" marketing method is spamming forums with a pretend question about viral marketing.

It's one small step above the usual "viral" marketing of "LOL OMG I found this kewl site", but that's not saying much.

Ooooh! Gotcha. ;)

Try new word of mouth viral marketing system. Highly relevant, efficient and distributed advertising. Drive large number of visitors to your website in a short period of time. Guaranteed ROI. This is not a pay per click system. http://widecircles.com

I have tried three different viral marketing programs NO they dont work.

They can work if done properly

I am new to all of this but received an e-mail from a friend who tried this viral marketing. I am interested in others feedback about this type of marketing. I'm posting the link below so you can see exactly what I'm talking about. I'd love some input. Thanks!

<< url snipped >>

takes time, even if done effectively....

Viral marketing obviously works but not for all kind of sites.

Possibly if you make a great interesting youtube video that is controversial... and then have some flair for spinning the press, you may have a shot... at getting enough momentum for it to take off.

yes it works for good content or incentive offered

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.