Dear Friends,

I put a new social network live but i am not getting enough traffic...

What is the best way to get more people to sign up if you have a very low budget?

Its free to sign up! Site's address is SNIP

I hope to hear from you soon...

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

well ive done something similar. I also started a social media network. But the mines is still in its alpha stages. I think the best way to get more registered users is to stay actively connected to the already existing power ful social media networks. Start advertising your site on twitter or facebook. Start a blog etc etc..

Dear Friends,

I put a new social network live but i am not getting enough traffic...

What is the best way to get more people to sign up if you have a very low budget?

Its free to sign up! Site's address is SNIP

I hope to hear from you soon...

I would like to suggest to increase traffic density towards your social networking site, embed links on forums and blogs. So that people can get easy excess on your network.

There is only one way start doing advertisement in other well known social networks and QA sites. Put some banners or ads in popular sites. You will get good traffic soon.

Better you need to do press release and write more blogs about your site. It may bring you more traffic than what you expect.

Well... You have stumble upon a subject that I'm studying :)

All of the above is right from a SEM / SEO point of view. But not in a marketing perspective.

first thing: Problematize! put question marks on the end of your sentences.
what is your real problem? (if it is a problem it as always a solution)

Is your real problem getting people with a low budget or a low quantity of people joining your network?

Why the hell should I join your social network? what will I gain?
What is the great innovation that your social network offers me?

only after this questions have been answered, can you focus on your low budget issue.

second: you can find in daniweb a place were you can ask for reviews of your web site. I advise you to do that. But I will give you my opinion:
You still have some structural changes to do on your site. your landing page needs to be redesigned: You are not appealing very well to the profile creation.
When I arrived at you site I didn't know if I was on the right place or not. You only have once the word "social" and you don't have anywhere "social network" so how will people guess what your site is for?

third: The ultimate trick to know is understanding why people join a social network. After that you can start using all the suggestions that you have as comments to your post.

Best regards
Miguel Costa

Start with a blog. You can write about your site in the blog through articles discussing the good points of the social networking site.

I think you need to write some attrative articles or offer some valuable things for free. People will only bacome your follower when they find it is beneficial or interesting to do so. You have to have some valuble info relevant to your niche to get more sign up.

The fastest way would be having a facebook invite plugin. It would virally invite all new users to import their hotmail, yahoo and gmail contacts.

I also created a few social networks which died off due to lack of members and the valuable lesson I learned is that:
1. There are lurkers and contributors.
2. Remember the value of your community is to increase both.
3. Thus, start creating your promotional plan to increase both groups.
4. Imagine having a community with many members but only 1-2 contributing.

There are some great ideas above.

A) Great idea for the facebook plugin.
B) Great idea with blogging and explaining.
C) Awesome idea about press releases (I totally agree with this one)

It's important to cover all sources and make sure everyone knows about your site. You see it once on twitter, you think hmmm. See it again on facebook, and people get interestered. Cover your bases, write some press releases. Submit your site to different news sources, even start collecting some email addresses and send out newsletters showing lots of new cool things going on with your site.

A great site to learn from is Sprouter.com - they send out newsletters that are really helpful and I read them all the way through. They tell you about new users, new ideas, and lots of fun/current topics.

In all, just have fun with it and be passionate about your site. Over time, if it's a great product, traffic will come.

most traffic from social website and networking group

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.