According to Darren from Problogger, a great secret to getting front page of Digg is to add a picture of failure itself. What I mean is to add a picture to your post showing a person in some form of grief. Anyone sad or frustrated is fine. These types of Digg posts get on the front page of Digg.

If you notice Diggs front page links, you will notice that most if not all have some sort of picture along them while the least popular posts have no pictures at all.

The pictures are an easy way to attract attention. Darren from problogger used this technique to attract probably millions in visitors.

Although I would add that it probably helps to have a decent amount of followers to begin with. A long list of followers with the same interests is bound to get you some extra digg votes to the pint where your link will be noticed by many.

Hope this technique helps!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Great information thanks for sharing it... :)

Sounds good and very informative. Hope it will helpful for me to get top page on digg.

I hate to be a negative nancy. However, I do not think that this photo thing would work as well as described. It is highly difficult to get any story to the front page of Digg. People literally post thousands upon thousands of stories to Digg every single day.

sounds interesting. thanks

I get the whole photo thing, but I guess it's true that human nature is intrigued by people in turmoil. It's why everyone loves bad reality shows, court shows, and I love COPS and prison shows. LOL

Yes, pictures will add an additional look for the posts that might help Digg posts to get on the front page.

Picture technique will increase the chances, but there are other factors as well such as the content, number of ratings etc.

It's true that photos help attract users to your post, but not sure if that will necessarily get you to digg front page

Thanks you for this great information.

Great tip , i will try this trick .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.