Any one help me to explain to what is dofollow and nofollow.

Recommended Answers

All 45 Replies

really simple:

When ever you get a link to your site or place a link to your site, you have the option of making it either a dofollow or a nofollow link (via html).

Dofollow will be counted by google and give you credit in their eyes and will therefore help you rankings.

Nofollow will be dropped out of the google link graph and wont count towards your rankings on google.

Google is more and more taking into account quality of link sources and less dofollow/nofollow.

Yes, thats right.
DOnt forget the Panda Uodate which is exactly in this area.

Nofollow will give you traffics but, Search engines will not consider it as a back link.

But if you will get links from dofollow sites, then Search engines will count it as backlink for your site and you can get some positive value for your site ranking.

When ever you get a link to your site or place a link to your site, you are able to do either dofollow or nofollow a link (via HTML).

Dofollow will be counted by Google and you give credit to them, and thus will help you with rankings.

Nofollow will be abandoned and the graph link google custom into account in your ranking on Google.

Do follow Back links is useful for getting the ranking in google.

No follow back links is not useful for getting the ranking in Google But it's useful for yahoo and bing..

I dont get it, why is it useful for yahoo or bing??

Dofollow and nofollow are the important terms in the field of blogging. If you are a blogger you know the concept of commenting on Dofollow blogs to get link juice from that blog.

Theory behind dofollow and nofollow is only search engine caching. Whenever you work on dofollow forum or blog generated backlinks much fast cache on search engine as compare to nofollow. It's automatically create high priority on website search engine results.

Ask.com doesn't consider dofollow and nofollow in links. Only google, bing, yahoo sees the dofollow and nofollow.

I am providing freebacklinks, by the way. If you need, send me pm.

Dofollow is Link Is Visible in Search Engine and Nodofollow Links are not visible in Search Engine .And Dofollo links is very useful for Good Ranking , Good Page Rank.

Dofollow will be counted by search engines and give you credit and will therefore help in your rankings.

Nofollow will be dropped out of the google link graph and wont count towards your rankings.

There is major difference between Do follow & No Follow link. I mentioned it below of what i know.

DoFollow links are the ones which passes the PageRank juice. Links which are attached with dofollow attribute are considered by the Google Search Engine and helps you to gain better ranking for your site.

Links with nofollow attribute are called NoFollow Links. These types of links do not pass any page rank juice and are ignored by the Google Search Engine. It is mostly used for the guest links on your site, such as links in the comments.

Hey,

The name itself says the meaning, a dofollow site is which follows your link back to you while a nofollow is just opposite of it. In order to understand it in better way I too would suggest you to check about in Wikipedia.

Dofollow links are the links which helps in getting link juices and improves the ranking of a website in search engine. Nofollow links are only useful in getting traffic to a website.

DoFollow links are the ones which passes the PageRank juice. Links which are attached with dofollow attribute are considered by the Google Search Engine and helps you to gain better ranking for your site.Links with nofollow attribute are called NoFollow Links. These types of links do not pass any page rank juice and are ignored by the Google Search Engine. It is mostly used for the guest links on your site, such as links in the comments.

Which link contain attribute like rel="nofollow" so this is nofollow links. And others are dofollow links. Nofollow and dofollow both kind of links are helpful for getting traffic to website. But only the difference is that nofollow links will not consider for assigning weightage of the page from which we got link.

Dofollow links will be counted by google and give you credit for your website and also help to improve your website rankings.

Nofollow will be dropped out of the google and not get help for your rankings on google.

Do follow link means if a search engine's spider is crawling your website and you are having a link on your website with dofollow attribute. than spider will follow that link and will visit that website also to where that link with land him. Nofollow is just against it. it will not let follow spider that link and spider will normally just ignore it.

Dofollow link belongs to google and no follow link is not related with a google.

Nofollow is a tag that simply tells search engines not to crawl, or notice, a link on a page. No link juice is transfer Nofollow tag. Other hand Dofollow tells serach engine to crawl page. In Dofollow few % of link juice is transfered.

Do follow is a field mentioned in HTML the sites which give do follow are considered good for the websites and the site which mention No follow instead of do follow give no follow link and is not considered good link by the google.

Google is more and more taking into account quality of link sources and less dofollow/nofollow.
Is such

After penguin updated there is value is just increasing with no follow links they are really valuable and there should be small amount for nofollow links that is targetting your links

HI
Dofallow accept by google index but nofallow is not accepted by google index.

dofollow help to get backlink to you website
nofollow not provide backlink easily to your website

For me it really doesn't matter. If a page has lots of traffic and it is nofollow, I would be happy to put a link in it. But if a site is dofollow and no traffic at all, I wont put it.

Dofollow is followed by search engines while nofollow is not followed by search engine, this is the main difference in dofollow and nofollow.

commented: Very well written article. Your post is very descriptive and informative +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.