For those of you who pay close attention to your traffic statistics, how many pageviews does the average visitor view per session?

(Remember, no site details, but it would be helpful if you included whether it was a blog, ecommerce site, forum, etc)

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

about 2 or less (really)

Yes, my visitors only visit 2 or 3 pages on average.
Which either means they really dont like my site, or they are just clicking ads instead (which is fine with me) :)

5 for me. :) It's an inflated number because we're a forum so it takes at least a couple of pages to navigate to a thread or to post.

6 again an inflated number because of the fact that it is a forum and the CMS itself is also built around the forum.

For one of my sites, 7.59 pages/visit.

-Tony

All my sites seem to run 2 or less. Some entertainment sites yields up to 3-4. It really depends on how traffic comes in and how long the site has been established.

A lot of search engine traffic is a one page only stop because they eith don't find what they are looking for or find it on that page.

Better than 2 pageviews per visitor usually means more return visits by community members and should be visible in the stats of direct bookmarks vs. search traffic.

20. It's a forum, and recently the arcade has become popular with high-school kids with nothing else to do during lunch :D

I'm confused how the arcade can get so popular. It's the same selection of games for all forums that use the arcade hack, no?

I also added more games than the default pack. Then, by stroke of luck, Google started ranking me highly for some games, and then I got a bunch of Search Engine traffic for my games, then I guess word of mouth spread my site some more. I'm currently trying to convert Arcade traffic into posters.

Actually the visitors varry site to site, You should track the micro conversion rate as well the suspects and prospects of visitors on your site.

According to WebLog Expert 3.56 average page views per visitor. I hope this number will grow as we get more programming articles in.

4.34 pages/visit on my blog. :)

53.54 pages/visit

That's what my awstats is telling me. I have a site that has an article section (not too many articles though, 50-60), a links directory and a forum. I don't have too many visits a day, but my members do post a lot (42 posts/member) so this would explain the fact they are always browsing the forums for new threads to post in. Can't find another explanation :)

That's pages per visit, not hits? Wow. That's really, really incredible. You have a very sticky site. I'm going to stop by and try to learn from you.

-T

53.54 pages/visit

That's what my awstats is telling me. I have a site that has an article section (not too many articles though, 50-60), a links directory and a forum. I don't have too many visits a day, but my members do post a lot (42 posts/member) so this would explain the fact they are always browsing the forums for new threads to post in. Can't find another explanation :)

That's really amazing! Wow, 42 posts per member on average? That's just amazing.

6 month average - 10

Well, the problem is that the site is not getting too much traffic. I am not having the money to pay for advertising, and this would be my problem. But although the visits are not in great numbers, there is enough content to keep people busy .. not to mention I have some dedicated members who are browsing the place in search of new posts and info.

I think best way to go with referral program and viral marketing.

3-4 for me

I have average 2.6 over the past 8-9 months. Most of my user come to my site and go straight to the control panel which I do not have site counter install (no point to track this really).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.